Game Day 2024 Round One Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMG_7691.gif
IMG_3179.jpeg
Not quite good enough to be an insufferable jerkoff (I can certainly arrange it though) and not quite bad enough to load my team into a cannon and fire it into orbit.

Relatively happy given the debacle that was Martin, Fisher, Sanders and to a lesser extent Grundy and Young.

Ranked 60k.

For anybody upset at their start, just remember that it's a marathon, not a sprint.

Every year that I've finished inside the top 1% I had an absolute mare in round 1.
It's actually quite funny. Every other season when round 1 presents a great rank and optimism it all falls apart quite quickly.

Trust in your premiums, trust in your processes.

This is the most unique season we've ever had. Experiment where you need, but don't do anything too silly just yet.

Ranked 60k.

For anybody upset at their start, just remember that it's a marathon, not a sprint.

Every year that I've finished inside the top 1% I had an absolute mare in round 1.
It's actually quite funny. Every other season when round 1 presents a great rank and optimism it all falls apart quite quickly.

This is the most unique season we've ever had. Experiment where you need, but don't do anything too silly just yet.

A lot of high scoring players this round were from bye teams like GWS and GC. If you made a deliberate effort to avoid these types then chances are you're well behind the pack at the moment.

It'll be interesting to see how things are looking after round 3 once these 2 teams in particular have had their bye. And then I suppose again at Round 5 + 6.

2160 :'(

Gibcus - Young - Fisher - Grundy - Williams - Sanders :mad:
all on the field

5 more than me ...

Young gave away frees and a 50 .
Gibcus long term injury.

Fisher a flake .
Williams surly gets better.
Sanders was Bevoed....the memo was he wasn't going to play a full game ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2084 and ranked 63k, not worried as I was 70k after round 2 last year and finished top 4k.

its a trading game

Ranked 60k.

Wise words ...

Funny enough if I was racked like in the top 10 after round one I would be shutting bricks because noway I would be able to stay there.

A lot of high scoring players this round were from bye teams like GWS and GC. If you made a deliberate effort to avoid these types then chances are you're well behind the pack at the moment.

It'll be interesting to see how things are looking after round 3 once these 2 teams in particular have had their bye. And then I suppose again at Round 5 + 6.

Green.
Miller.
Red bull .
Anderson.
Flanders .
Etc

All seem on fire 🔥🔥
And due to go up in price this week...then a bye ..
They get a rest .
That could help them or not help them....hard to know ..

This :handpointup:

Alot of people in my cash leagues had a combo of Rowell, Miller, Daicos, Flanders, Green, Heeney, Jordan, Gulden etc

Will be interesting to see how it all washes out after round 6

This :handpointup:

Alot of people in my cash leagues had a combo of Rowell, Miller, Daicos, Flanders, Green, Heeney, Jordan, Gulden etc

Will be interesting to see how it all washes out after round 6
Yeah absolutely, things should hopefully even out a little. Thats what I need anyway ha.

Some poeple will keep trading to keep their rank, but at the end of the year it could cost them.

SC is a marathon not a sprint :)

2,214 despite a number of rookie errors. Forgot about setting c/vc but thankfully the c was sitting on Naics so minimal damage done. The main problem was not looking at the selected teams, so now I have the defensive excrement display of Reid, O McDonald and Worner to sort out. At least it’s top 18 this week.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I dont get why people dont want to trade early to correct apparent mistakes while prices remain
when you see obvious mistakes you have made like Fisher and have the ability to correct it by moving to a player like say Hogan or Heeney which are proven scorers and can get extra points coming weeks and go up in price and possibly become keepers or at worse case stay a high price until a proven keeper drops to go sideways.

40 trades are a lot and i dont see any problem with sacrificing 6-9 trades to get your team set in the first 4-5 rounds

what am i missing here

I dont get why people dont want to trade early to correct apparent mistakes while prices remain
when you see obvious mistakes you have made like Fisher and have the ability to correct it by moving to a player like say Hogan or Heeney which are proven scorers and can get extra points coming weeks and go up in price and possibly become keepers or at worse case stay a high price until a proven keeper drops to go sideways.

40 trades are a lot and i dont see any problem with sacrificing 6-9 trades to get your team set in the first 4-5 rounds

what am i missing here

I do think some people arent trading as heavily early because its only best of 18 so get another look at some of the picks that failed last week

Personally ive seen enough to start culling

what am i missing here
i like the idea of getting early cash generation and potentially getting 150k in 1 round to upgrade a 500k to a 650k premium. from rd 1 alone these premium mids seem to be on a different level to to 450-500k ones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back