Position 2024 Rucks

Remove this Banner Ad

That said, and IMO Reeves at his height is good at negating opposition Rucks .....English, 1st hitout, was simply going thru the motions out there

He scores ridiculously easy though .....a much improved Grundy version of yesteryear
I'm concerned about Grundy. He has not really played well since the big injury in his final year at Collingwood. Perhaps it has had a permanent effect?
Perhaps the pies knew and got rid of him because of it?
I really don't know.

I'm concerned about Grundy. He has not really played well since the big injury in his final year at Collingwood. Perhaps it has had a permanent effect?
Perhaps the pies knew and got rid of him because of it?
I really don't know.

Yeah I sort of agree and today Xerri is a big watch for me.

Gawn + Xerri

v

Gawn + Soldo (+sweet)

Soldo as the sole ruck has averaged ~90 last coulple of years with some 120+. Plus easy to get Sweet as cover.

Xerri a touch cheaper without the history .

I'm happy to take Xerri he was the better ruckman against Marshall and won plenty of HTA with LDU unsighted all day.
Yeah I really want to get English in but my team looks so much better with Xerri and the other lines bolstered.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

X is a big injury risk mate
Yep. English is only a head knock away from extended leave as well.
The risk/reward sure is juicy though, especially with extra trades this year

Went with Briggs n Gawn with Naismith as my R3. Jackson my F1. Naismith has until the rnd 6 bye to make cash and be traded to those who have both. It's likely Nank will be rnd 4 or after the bye when he comes back.

Keep in mind Xerri doesn’t have the best opening fixtures

Briggs
Darcy/Jackson
Pittonet/TDK
Big O (fairly restricting)
Stanley/Conway
Reeves (fairly restricting)
ROB
Marshall
Witts

Keep in mind Xerri doesn’t have the best opening fixtures

Briggs
Darcy/Jackson
Pittonet/TDK
Big O (fairly restricting)
Stanley/Conway
Reeves (fairly restricting)
ROB
Marshall
Witts
Be Quiet Season 2 GIF by Martin

Happy with playing Jackson at R2... alleviates the stress of having Grundy, Gulden and Daicos all with the same bye so can roll the two young guns. Going with Bont so am struggling to justify picking English too. Will swing Jackson forward after Grundy's bye if he looks the pick, or save up for English or Marshall.

They dont have many options.
Brown and mcdonald are both physically done. You wouldnt want to risk petty rucking off a foot injury.
Van rooyen could pinch hit a few times a game but hes not a frontline ruck.

This is the support role fullarton has been bought for but while hes injured max will have to go it alone.
It’s been a while, but Tomlinson did a bit of ruck work back in his GWS days. They seem to be favoring him over a more versatile defender type like Hore. Wonder if this has something to do with relieving Gawn? Of course, the answer to this question is likely readily available in the preseason matches that I didn’t watch…but I think my completely uninformed, daydream like musings are more valuable for everyone involved. Your welcome 🙏
Daydream GIF

It’s been a while, but Tomlinson did a bit of ruck work back in his GWS days. They seem to be favoring him over a more versatile defender type like Hore. Wonder if this has something to do with relieving Gawn? Of course, the answer to this question is likely readily available in the preseason matches that I didn’t watch…but I think my completely uninformed, daydream like musings are more valuable for everyone involved. Your welcome 🙏
Daydream GIF
Schache confirmed by Greg Stafford as Dee's back up ruck

Remove this Banner Ad

Back