VFL 2024 Sandringham Zebras

Remove this Banner Ad

Allison is a very very interesting player. His body shape is what we have been so desperately in need of. Solid. Almost a Crows/Geelong player build. Can he footy? Or learn to footy to an AFL level? Going to be interesting watching him over the next couple of months to see which sliding door he takes.
Have followed Allison from the day he arrived at St Kilda in both training and Sandy games. Today was the first time I saw him use anything resembling football skills. He is athletic with a good build and is a solid mark, but there is just something missing in a contested sense.

,From todays game, Hastie should retain his spot but start on the ground not as sub.. Jones could be sub. Jack Hayes a definite in. Keeler and Shoenmaker both very close as is Paton.
Could be one of the biggest round-to-round changes for RTB since his Freo antics resting everyone for final round.

King for Sharman (form)
Hayes for Caminiti (like for like)
Webster for Howard (too tall in defence),
Collard for Higgins (suspended and need a small fwd)
Campbell for Marshall (if injured)
Dow for Byrnes/Hastie (to help Steele out)

Could also argue Schoey deserves a game too.

All that being said expecting 1 or 2 forced changes and thats about it.

Could be one of the biggest round-to-round changes for RTB since his Freo antics resting everyone for final round.

King for Sharman (form)
Hayes for Caminiti (like for like)
Webster for Howard (too tall in defence),
Collard for Higgins (suspended and need a small fwd)
Campbell for Marshall (if injured)
Dow for Byrnes/Hastie (to help Steele out)

Could also argue Schoey deserves a game too.

All that being said expecting 1 or 2 forced changes and thats about it.
Yes it will be Out-Higgins, In-Collard.

Have followed Allison from the day he arrived at St Kilda in both training and Sandy games. Today was the first time I saw him use anything resembling football skills. He is athletic with a good build and is a solid mark, but there is just something missing in a contested sense.
Agree

I watched a little bit of the game today and Allison looks totally different. He's put on a LOT of size, used to be really skinny but looks massive now.

Just his physical presence up forward would make a difference. We have lacked that.
He's just such a well rounded footballer. I'm keen to see what Caminiti can become but right now in my opinion Hayes is in another stratosphere as a footballer than Caminiti. Hayes can take grabs, knows where to lead, is a big unit and is a finisher.

Jones is not even good at VFL level now. If i had to choose between him and Alison to delist, i think Alison would stay on, at least he has a "potential" upside.
Agree

Alison is speculative and it might be sunk cost fallacy but I'd give him another year on the rookie list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

King , Hayes back into the side --- Jones , Dow need to be brought back in even though both are no superstars.
I really feel we need a small defender brought into the team as well - Webster or Paton - I don't know but we have been shown up the last few games by small forwards and we need someone to put on them - Stocker is a bit slow for the nippy small forwards.

Zak Jones is a very good VFL player. Has that extra second or two at that level to choose his options, time he doesnt have at AFl level meaning he's caught with the ball or just hacks it forward too often

Paton was heading towards something special, I’m all for giving him every chance to get back there.
howard has a case of the bonners, he's great until he's not. Bad decision maker under pressure. Feels like something you either have or don't, but like alison, they have the rest of the year to change their fortunes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back