Resource 2024 Squad Selection & Ratings

Remove this Banner Ad

Ratings updated after Round 2.

The squad rating improves to F overall. Green shoots.

After just two matches H.Reid is ranking as the third-best onball midfielder at the club, behind Kelly and Yeo.

Despite retirement, Hurn still comes in higher in the rankings than any current Eagle.
Hi Dyl,

Forgive my ignorance here, I wouldn't mind following this more, however, I can't ascertain where the players scores come from?

I went back to your original post and didn't see an explanation for individual players scores (although I might have read straight over it).

Is it similar to your "Using data to identify midfielders" where you have set parameters?

Hey Dylan82

Got an update for us?

Yes, belatedly.

Round 3 (vs Western Bulldogs @ Marvel Stadium [Docklands Stadium])

2024-R3-Selection.png

Barnett omitted for J.Williams in a 76 point loss to the Bulldogs.

Round 4 (vs Sydney Swans @ Adelaide Hills [Mt Barker Oval])

2024-R4-Selection.png

Brockman out with concussion, Jones omitted.

Rotham named for his first game of the season, L.Edwards coming into the starting squad from substitute.

Rawlinson given the substitute for his AFL debut.

The squad performed above their rating in an encouraging loss to Sydney in Gather Round.

Ratings updated after Round 4.

Taking injuries into account, West Coast now comes in 16th in club rankings.

This weeks' opponent, Richmond comes in last, so a rare win for the club may be on offer.

Round 5 (vs Richmond Tigers @ Optus Stadium [Perth Stadium])

2024-R5-SelectionA.png

With Jamieson injured, Witherden makes his first appearance since Round 1, coming in as the replacement defender in a smaller squad that doesn't need so much height down back with Richmond's injuries.

With Brockman available, Rawlinson makes way and Maric moves to to the substitute.

The squad overwhelmed a depleted Tigers, winning by 39 points.

Ratings updated after Round 5.

With improved team performances, improvements in ratings are starting to follow.

The squad now has 7 players rated 'B' or higher. H.Reid is likely to make that 8 by next week.

Elsewhere, M.Bontempelli still reigns at the very top of the player ratings.

The injuries to S.Taylor and S.Coniglio see GWS fall from 1st to 3rd in the club rankings.

Elsewhere, M.Bontempelli still reigns at the very top of the player ratings.
I know he got some junk time goals on Thursday, but I thought he was pretty average against the Saints after an absolute stinker last weekend.

I know he got some junk time goals on Thursday, but I thought he was pretty average against the Saints after an absolute stinker last weekend.

The back end of last season saw him create a huge gap at the top between him and the rest of the competition, which has been all but erased in the last two weeks.

Unless he has a huge performance next week his rule at the top is coming to an end.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back