News 2024 St.Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

St Kilda​

Club champion: Jack Sinclair
Breakout player: Mattaes Phillipou

Point to prove: Hunter Clark

Biggest early challenge: We will learn plenty about the 2024 Saints in 50–50 battles with Geelong and Essendon in the opening three rounds. Two losses could point to a tough campaign.

Pressure rating: 8

Record through round five: 1-4
Compelling cases can be made for and against the Saints making September again, and they are one of the tougher teams to read entering the season.

Ross Lyon has a strong track record and that counts for plenty. Max King, Sinclair, Callum Wilkie, Rowan Marshall and Jack Steele, plus young guns Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera and Phillipou, also offer optimism.

But can Lyon get more out of the likes of Clark, Zak Jones and Tim Membrey?
These fools have no idea, making predictions based on not even watching
George,

I have some good news......and I have some bad news.

Firstly.........

THE BAD NEWS:

Chatting to Gayle about you,she didn't have a clue who I was talking about.

Talk about a blank face.

THE GOOD NEWS:

The roast beef roll toastie today was awesome.

Only kidding George.......Gayle knew straight away who I was talking about.........she even rattled off your surname !!!!!!!

I didn't even have to mention your pre GF story of 1997 to jolt here memory.......I told it anyway and she remembers that oh so well.

Gayle said that generally,you were a quiet lad but mention the Saints....you'd arc right up....and up !!!!!

She's love to have a coffee with at training sometime.....she said there would be heaps to talk about.

If Jupiter crosses paths with Saturn.......Gayle may even shout the coffee's.

;)
if she’s feeling extra generous she might spring for potato cakes offering!!

No, definitely not! Much more famous and heaps better looking! And clearly very smart! (Must have something to do with such a great start to his education…
emoji23.png
) Expect to see you at training very soon, George!
I absolutely love the Avi there SaintGForce.

Best on ground for mine.

Nice to know I have something to aspire to in retirement

That’s brilliant, big ol’ smile on my face

I was hoping for something like buying an old farmhouse outside Verona and growing my own produce but if I don't get around to that sitting talking shit about footy sounds like a more social version of Bigfooty.

Oh no, this is like when you listen to the radio and get an idea of what the DJ looks like based on their voice, only to be disappointed when you Google them...

I thought I'd been talking to hot 21yo chicks in this forum for the last few years!!!

Catfished by boomers.

Oh if she's always talking about past pupils I would hope I'm top of that list 😂 wasn't a week that went by where I wouldn't be talking about how the Saints went, who kicked the goals, who was BOG, etc etc 😂😂

I lived 5 minutes from the school back in those days, and on the morning of the 97 Grand Final she knocked on our front door and gave me a GF themed rain jacket. I'm absolutely positive she'll remember that so if it doesn't click for her initially, that'll get her for sure. Let her know I'll be coming down to say hello one of these days 😍

Hard to forget a tiny bald guy in primary school.

No, definitely not! Much more famous and heaps better looking! And clearly very smart! (Must have something to do with such a great start to his education…
emoji23.png
) Expect to see you at training very soon, George!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Clearly mistaken identity then…
Hard to forget a tiny bald guy in primary school.
She brought up that story yesterday at training…memory is very sharp with that one, definitely the Yoda of our group 🤔

Every. Year.

And yet, all we’ve heard in the last two weeks are the flags that Richmond (yep), Essendon (fn lol) and Carlton will win this year.

I always pool sides. I have us in the same pool as Richmond and Essendon. On last year form we are above both but a bit of luck for or against could switch us around. A full year from guys who missed plenty of footy last year could send us upwards but a few key injuries could send us the other way.

Honestly at this point in time with the way Cornes keeps carrying on every week in the SEN videos. I hope to god we make finals and both Adelaide and Port Miss out.

I've seen at least 3-4 videos now where he is basically shitting on the club, or at best giving backhanded compliments.

It's quite obvious it's all got to do with his predictions on us last year and how wrong he was. He claims to admit he was wrong on us but then in the same breath doubles down on his exact narrative from 2023.

On the other hand, he can't stop praising Adelaide in particular. Thinks they've got all the pieces and should finish basically top 4.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly at this point in time with the way Cornes keeps carrying on every week in the SEN videos. I hope to god we make finals and both Adelaide and Port Miss out.

I've seen at least 3-4 videos now where he is basically shitting on the club, or at best giving backhanded compliments.

It's quite obvious it's all got to do with his predictions on us last year and how wrong he was. He claims to admit he was wrong on us but then in the same breath doubles down on his exact narrative from 2023.

One of his main beefs is that we play scoring low-scoring footy. Personally I don't mind those kind of tug of wars - the 2009/10 Grand Finals are pretty good to watch, yeah?

Admittedly our hit-and-miss ball use was a bit frustrating in 2023. Hopefully the pre-season work they're putting into midfield-forward connection yields results!

On the other hand, he can't stop praising Adelaide in particular. Thinks they've got all the pieces and should finish basically top 4.
There’s only 2 media guys that I’ve seen at training thus far..David King and Jon Ralph.
Both are quite positive about our season ahead!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back