Training 2024 Training - reports, pics etc

Remove this Banner Ad

A question for the track watchers. I gather Elijah Hollands can find the ball?

I apologise if it sounds a disrespectful question. But I’ve been across players in the past who look fantastic in training, but can’t actually find the ball when matches start.

A question for the track watchers. I gather Elijah Hollands can find the ball?

I apologise if it sounds a disrespectful question. But I’ve been across players in the past who look fantastic in training, but can’t actually find the ball when matches start.
Averaged about 16 (when not subbed off) playing for the suns, often as a wing or fwd. VFL average, where he played more mid, is about 21, including some really strong games like 33 in the 2023 grand final.

Cuningham's consistency is an interesting one.

1. He hasn't had a great run with training and remaining injury free so he's probably not overly a two way player.

2. As with all forwards he relies on others. Mainly good ball movement. Which has not been a consistent thing within our side.

3. We dropped Cuningham and Owies for the Prelim against Brisbane and got flogged by their half backs which had not been happening. He was probably doing a good job defensively. I think they are both probably underrated defensively.

4. He doesn't always get a good attacking half back, then is when he has "good" games. When a high quality one goes to him he probably focus' more on shutting them down.

5. A fitter version may be more two way running and offensively consistent and more so if our ball movement is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My hope is that Elijah slots into the mid/fwd role we have been so desperately missing, in the mould of Dusty/Petracca/DeGoey.

So he may only get 16 touches a game, but there'll be two goals, 6 SI's and a couple of tackles in there.

We already have accumulators (the cake), what we need are high impact players forward of the ball (cherries on top).

My hope is that Elijah slots into the mid/fwd role we have been so desperately missing, in the mould of Dusty/Petracca/DeGoey.

So he may only get 16 touches a game, but there'll be two goals, 6 SI's and a couple of tackles in there.

We already have accumulators (the cake), what we need are high impact players forward of the ball (cherries on top).

Strange how two years ago that was an issue, now it's hard to pick who

Docherty Hollands Cottrell Fogarty Fantasia Durdin Cuningham can all fill that role. Kennedy Cerra Walsh Cripps are all fit and have had time training up forward. Amazing turnaround

Remove this Banner Ad

Back