2nds 2024 VFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

4 goals to their 8 in the last.
Just goes to show when you have a good lead you still need to tick the scoreboard over to get the win.
Well yes, but only if you're not defending well. I'm worried that the cupboard looks pretty bare in defence if we get an injury in the seniors.

I'd promote Lohmann into the 22 on that performance. Maybe Morris too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After watching that Saints v Magpies match I'd be looking at pushing the likes of Reville into the firsts sooner rather than later.

Reville is closest on the list to playing the roles of Wanganeen-Milera and their other hard running rangey types.

The game is evolving past what we dish up.

Lohmann's workrate in the fourth was elite. Was great seeing him play four quarters for a change - feels like he hasn't got the chance to do so in ages.

Morris was awesome. Seeing him live, not convinced he's ready for AFL level football but think we should give him a taste at some point.

Reville was impressive - know he's playing as a midfielder at VFL level but would much rather us use him in a role where he could potentially play at AFL level.

Really like Henry Smith in the ruck.

Turnstill had an average game but had a strong fourth and that pass he hit to win us the game was fantastic. He was gassed and still composed himself enough to hit a very deft pass.

Sharp runs all day and could play defensive wing at AFL level if needed. Not knocking the door down.

Brain rotated forward and back when needed and did some nice things.

Was stoked to see Greene get a game. Did some nice things. Hope he can stay fit as he'll be very handy at VFL level for us.

Great day at BHA - awesome game to see live and a great venue for this level of football.

Well yes, but only if you're not defending well. I'm worried that the cupboard looks pretty bare in defence if we get an injury in the seniors.

I'd promote Lohmann into the 22 on that performance. Maybe Morris too.
I did mention at 3/4 time we needed to not only score but change the way we defended in the last quarter.
But i saw no change unlike the Pies who stopped our 4-goal burst in the 3rd with an extra defender and a tighter zone.

From the AFL site

BRISBANE

State league affiliate: Brisbane (VFL)
This weekend: Brisbane v Collingwood at Brighton Homes Arena, Friday March 29, 11.05am AEST

MATCH CENTRE Check out all the stats from Brisbane's clash

After kicking a goal as substitute for Brisbane's AFL side on Thursday night, Kai Lohmann backed up with four majors for the reserves on Friday, playing a major part in the Lions' nailbiting two-point win at VFL level.

Lohmann just had the one possession in the seniors but saw plenty more action the next day, finishing with 16 touches, six marks and a team-high eight tackles.

Veteran Jarryd Lyons reacted to being dumped with a game-high 33 disposals and eight clearances, with James Tunstill pipping him in that category with nine amongst 25 touches.

After kicking four goals last week, Logan Morris slotted another three and is already looking like a great find for Brisbane after the club selected the strong marking forward with pick 31 in last year's draft.

Harry Sharp (18 disposals, nine marks), James Madden (20 and seven) and Jaxon Prior (20 and eight) were busy, while category B rookie Bruce Reville also got amongst it with 18 touches and six clearances.

With both Oscar McInerney and Darcy Fort playing in the seniors, Henry Smith is down the rucking pecking order, but nonetheless made a statement of sorts with 15 disposals, 33 hitouts and seven clearances.

Shadeau Brain was close to promotion and kept his name in the mix with 15 disposals, Darragh Joyce also had 15 along with eight marks, Reece Torrent had 13 touches and a goal, Darcy Gardiner had 13 disposals, while ruckman Kalin Lane had six disposals and 13 hitouts.

Legend has it the real reason is that he ran away back to Hawthorn with Jack Gunston after seeing the recent stories coming out to surround our players during the off-season break.

Run Away Nuclear Bomb GIF by Identity

Remove this Banner Ad

Back