Under Age 2026 AFL Draft General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL wages won’t go far in LA. Probably need some form of Cola assistance.
Wouldn't matter anyway. I just remembered that LA summers are almost identical in temp to Perth summers. There is a degree difference either way. Way too hot without an indoor stadium like Docklands. NZ it is or Japan would be pretty out there.

Imagine the uproar from Victoria if Cooper Hodge turns out to be a top prospect and he decides to go with the Lions over the Hawks.

Long way to go, but the only 2008 born kid showing really draftable qualities from QLD would be Matt Owens. Despite the schoolboy stuff that a bit of a lottery, Hodge would be a fair way down the pecking order in that age group, which isn't super strong anyway. The other standout in the Lions academy zone is Tom Levi.

Wouldn't matter anyway. I just remembered that LA summers are almost identical in temp to Perth summers. There is a degree difference either way. Way too hot without an indoor stadium like Docklands. NZ it is or Japan would be pretty out there.
Can't see NZ being viable. Very little interest in AFL here. Not to mention we lack a suitable stadium.

Last edited:

Can't see NZ being viable. Very little interest in AFL here. Not to mention a lack a suitable stadium.
Bit of a shame and it would be a long process getting gradual support. Canberra it is then. Wouldn't want to see a third team in Perth or Adelaide as they are stretched to the limit already.

Unfortuantely the game just didn't spread like cricket has in the region over the last 10 years.

A combined PNG, Japan, Vanuatu, Indonesia, Fiji, Samoa, Philippines, South Korea, Cook Islands, Tonga cricket team would go toe to toe with any OZ state team nowadays in a 50 or T20. Jeez, there are some bloody good players representing PNG, Japan and Vanuatu most particularly.

Footy not the same.

20th team a mystery.

New year.

New set of games to play for this crop.

Also, this will be the last crop of U16's players to end up on an AFLM list without Tassie in the draft.
Speaking of which, Lore should the 2027 draft thread be opened now that we're in the new year? Seems like there will be a lot of interest in that thread considering it will have big ramifications for the new Tasmanian team.

Speaking of which, Lore should the 2027 draft thread be opened now that we're in the new year? Seems like there will be a lot of interest in that thread considering it will have big ramifications for the new Tasmanian team.

Not only that but I also want to edit the title and then make a post after it.

Lions u16 Squad

408367861_7159055050784366_9097305026921502984_n.jpg

408255748_7159055047451033_2255010031625103392_n.jpg

408384802_7159055057451032_320223733801021741_n.jpg

Quite a few over agers across the 3 zones, but the ones to watch:

Matt Owens
Tom Levi
Harry Thomson
Cooper Hodge
Baelin Phillips
Hamish McPherson
Jasper Rumney

(though I have seen very little of the Sunny Coast kids sorry, not sure why, but the names aren't familiar)

From the bottom agers (2027 draft) the standouts are Max Boothey and Archie Wilson

By my count, there are 105 players there.

Good luck to all of the names there.

It's alot for an u16 Prgram isn't it?!

you'd think they know who the best 60-80 are by now wouldn't you?

I can see about 30 names who won't make QAFL senior footy in the future, let alone wasting time in the academy.

105 x families paying fees though... :cool:;)

Giants under 16 squad

IMG_1353.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Attachments

• IMG_1353.JPG
    IMG_1353.JPG
    129.2 KB · Views: 39

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swans don’t usually publish a list of names but understand they have a squad of 35-38 kids.

Swans have been stronger than Giants in this age group to date (for what that is worth) - they have played a couple of games against each other at back end of season in last 2 years. Swans very comfortable winners.

Robert’s was one of the captains for NSW, good player. Played Mid and HF. Took it on with good size and pace.

Swans have a few good ones

Leon Titmus (injured for U15)- mid
Mason McGroder - Ruck/Forward
Oliver Griffiths - CHB
Alex Noble - Defender
Lachlan Price - mid
Patrick Smith - mid
Thomas Coughlin - Forward

Interesting to see how they go this year in U16s

This is the draft of the prodigal Cody Walker is it not?
It is the draft for the Son of SkyWalker. Not sure about the prodigal descriptor. perhaps prodigiously talented.

As you know from our board, I have very large expectations here, and am surprised he has so little mention here. Then we have his little bro a couple of years later.

It is the draft for the Son of SkyWalker. Not sure about the prodigal descriptor. perhaps prodigiously talented.

As you know from our board, I have very large expectations here, and am surprised he has so little mention here. Then we have his little bro a couple of years later.
What about Harry Dean, son of Peter, does anyone have any info on him he’s a similar age to Cody isn’t he.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back