World Cup 2026 FIFA World Cup (Qualifiers)

Will Australia qualify for the World Cup?

• Yes - Through the Third Round

• Yes - Through the Fourth Round

• Yes - Through the Interconfederational playoff

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ah ok misread it.

Which SE Asia nations could be involved. I heard Indonesia was well into talks with us before that soccer riot

Malaysia Brunei Phillipines Singapore Vietnam?

Not a chance. China's our only realistic partner in Asia. Sth Korea / Japan already hosting this century counts them out.

Non refundable deposit involved?
_IYQkX9hXYl1yCD4umdYc0qDLOdE3iyLuNDrIRVPZmU.jpg

Flashing ahead to the 2030 World Cup, FIFA plans to set this across three continents. Opening games to be held in South America, then everything else is shared between Spain, Portugal and Morocco. So much for being fan friendly and carbon neutral.
Just have two guaranteed South American countries in the Paraguay, Uruguay, Argentina groups.

Can see the appeal of it, but so poorly planned.

Saudi don't have enough venues for 48 teams. And it's a terrible place for any sports event.

This isn't short notice for the actual bid though. It's notice of intent to bid. The actual process will run for years.
Qatar didn’t have a single venue suitable for FIFA, and is a terrible terrible place.
Next minute..

I’m betting everything, anything on Saudis getting the World Cup. It’s not even up for debate. The money and effort Saudi Arabia will put into this is astounding.
The Princes are influential and persuasive. If they want it, they’ll get it

Just resigned to the fact Oceania/Asia will probably never have a World Cup in our lifetime.

We've got one month to confirm if we are bidding or not.

I don't see the rush personally to confirm an expression of interest to bid. 11 years until the tournament ffs.

On the plus side Women's WC 23 is fresh in the minds of FIFA. It was a stunning success beyond all expectations. Shouldn't be too hard for Aust / NZ to get together and decide on a bid considering the existing relationship from Women's WC 2023.

I actually believe we would be better off if we could split it with China. But not sure getting them onboard at short notice is likely.
Has to be Australia/New Zealand. The only appeal. China will be treated like Russia and be avoided.

Qatar didn’t have a single venue suitable for FIFA, and is a terrible terrible place.
Next minute..

I’m betting everything, anything on Saudis getting the World Cup. It’s not even up for debate. The money and effort Saudi Arabia will put into this is astounding.
The Princes are influential and persuasive. If they want it, they’ll get it

Just resigned to the fact Oceania/Asia will probably never have a World Cup in our lifetime.

Saudi Arabia want to join UEFA. It'll never happen - regardless of the money on offer.

Some things can't be bought no matter how much money they have. For instance if Saudi got what they wanted they would pay FIFA to change the rules for international eligibility so they can choose any player they give citizenship to. FIFA won't bend to that demand even if they were offered 10% of Saudi oil revenue for the next 100 years.

Saudi Arabia want to join UEFA. It'll never happen - regardless of the money on offer.

Some things can't be bought no matter how much money they have. For instance if Saudi got what they wanted they would pay FIFA to change the rules for international eligibility so they can choose any player they give citizenship to. FIFA won't bend to that demand even if they were offered 10% of Saudi oil revenue for the next 100 years.
Never say never , the golf tour is farked , the tennis tour must be being looked at , soccer , what about nba?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn’t be surprised.
But very good points.
You’d hope that FIFA and its members would know the ramifications if that were ever to happen.

Qatar hosting the WC though opens up gaps, however was under Blatter.

Also
I think it makes 2034 more interesting

I think technially it means it has to be in Asia and/or Oceania

Could we push to an Australia/New Zealand 2034.

We have just witnessed a world cup in Qatar and some people still say 'a world cup in....' will never happen.

Regardless it sounds like they are open to a november/december world cup again for 2034 which would probably put the Saudis in the lead $$$

We have just witnessed a world cup in Qatar and some people still say 'a world cup in....' will never happen.

Regardless it sounds like they are open to a november/december world cup again for 2034 which would probably put the Saudis in the lead $$$

That world cup was decided on by the 24 man FIFA Exco committee. All of whom were rich old men who had no stake in where the tournament was played other than which helped their bank balance the most..

There's a 211 member association vote now. Many of these member associations just simply won't vote for Saudi Arabia.

UEFA nations tried to stop Qatar 22 in winter and that's something they had no say over! They're not going to cop a compromised season again.

Saudis will get votes in the ME (aside from Yemen, Qatar, Israel & Iran). They'll buy plenty of votes in Africa. Plenty in Sth America

They'll struggle with North American nations and East Asian / Oceania nations.

That world cup was decided on by the 24 man FIFA Exco committee. All of whom were rich old men who had no stake in where the tournament was played other than which helped their bank balance the most..

There's a 211 member association vote now. Many of these member associations just simply won't vote for Saudi Arabia.

UEFA nations tried to stop Qatar 22 in winter and that's something they had no say over! They're not going to cop a compromised season again.

Saudis will get votes in the ME (aside from Yemen, Qatar, Israel & Iran). They'll buy plenty of votes in Africa. Plenty in Sth America

They'll struggle with North American nations and East Asian / Oceania nations.

Do we have the transparent vote for the just announced 2030 award?

Didn't all bidders decide to co-operate? Every bid was a winner for 2030 by the look of it.

Otherwise not sure how it ended up split over 3 continents.

Claiming it’s all transparent now. States the last award was horse trading. Happy to be wrong btw

Back