2023/2024 Gold Coast Draft & Trade periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our development still up with the worst in the comp.
And Mac needs plenty..
someone should be cooking every meal for him
Every 3 hours for next 4 years
There's this Southern Gentleman I know whose restaurant can deliver a red and white bucket of secret body booster on the hour every hour if needed

Given that's a stick insect you may be judging your little buddy too harshly.That's as buff as he'll ever be;)

I think you’re right:p but I didn’t want to break the bad news to him. Just noticed the little guy under the house and couldn’t help but admire his determination. Our boys should post that on the gym wall for inspiration.

I personally rate Andrew as the 3rd best talent of the draft, with higher potential than Nick Daicos who I have at 4th.

The problem is Andrew must have that perfect long term environment for development as he is nowhere near ready round 1.

I don’t see Andrew as that full time ruck, best utilized in a forward ruck role, where he only attends centre bounces, and in other times he play as a high centre half forward which allows him to fully leverage his athleticism. Think he has every tool to be a superior luke Jackson in the future.

With king the high performance team had a plan for him to put on weight gradually.
Ie. 80kg > 87kg > 93kg > 97kg over 4 seasons.

think they’ll take a similar approach, although maybe a little faster.

With king the high performance team had a plan for him to put on weight gradually.
Ie. 80kg > 87kg > 93kg > 97kg over 4 seasons.

think they’ll take a similar approach, although maybe a little faster.
Considering that he gained 8kg over 6 months according to reports by doing weights and better diet there is a good chance he can bulk up. Genetics is important, better to check out his parents on draft night. If his farther is also skinny we are in trouble :)

Last edited:
Considering that he gained 8kg over 6 months according to reports by doing weights and better diet there is a good chance he can bulk up. Genetics is important, better to check out is parents on draft night. If his farther is also skinny we are in trouble :)
Is he Thon Maker or Majak Daw

i don't really know who we should go for. we all get swept up with hype around inside mids as they're logically the closest in terms of development to being a star. everyone wants players to come in and have an immediate impact.

admittedly i haven't seen a lot of mac andrew besides the highlights package on AFL's youtube, but he seems like he's got some good skills to start with. tall, athletic, zippy, after a couple preseason's in the gym i reckon he could turn into a quality player.

seems like we'll go for callaghan or andrew, tbh i would be happy with either, but i think it's time we have another crack at a highly rated KPP

Tbh I wouldn’t be against picking up josh Rachele

some more fire power alongside Rankine and king

be a dangerous 1-2 small combo those 2

think Toby green and Rankine 😍

anyway won’t happen… carry on 🙌🏼
He's gonna be an exciting player 100% They are talking about him in the Toby Greene mold.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we don't pick Andrew, he'll go to any club within the top 10 anyways. Someone will take that risk and hopefully its us
Seems to be set in stone from what the word has been last few days.
Here is a little Mac Andrew, from 1:08 mark

Don't agree with the Mac Andrew pick, but seems like it is going to happen. Will back him to the hilt if he turns up in Suns colours.
Appears that way.

You don't often find top 5 picks not ready made, but seems they have rated him that high just for his potential rather than able to step into the AFL system right away.

Appears that way.

You don't often find top 5 picks not ready made, but seems they have rated him that high just for his potential rather than able to step into the AFL system right away.
Disagree on this, you don't find many draftees regardless of position drafted that are ready made, you get the freaks like Rowell and Walsh now and then but the majority of them are going to take 1-3 seasons to really settle into a position and playing style. Noah Anderson could be considered ready made but he took a season to settle in.

Disagree on this, you don't find many draftees regardless of position drafted that are ready made, you get the freaks like Rowell and Walsh now and then but the majority of them are going to take 1-3 seasons to really settle into a position and playing style. Noah Anderson could be considered ready made but he took a season to settle in.
Fair enough.
Maybe I should rephase that and say physically ready made.

Luke Jackson 2019:

THE Bullcreek-Leeming junior was one of Australia’s best junior basketballers before he put aside his basketball dream to concentrate on his football. The decision has paid dividends as Jackson is firming to be one of the first West Australian prospects picked in this year’s AFL Draft. Despite standing at just 199 centimetres, Jackson boasts awesome athleticism, excellent endurance, good skills and is capable below his knees.

STRENGTHS:

Athleticism
Ruck Craft
Follow-up work
Tackling
Marking

IMPROVEMENTS:

Lack of senior experience
Size
Versatility

Mac Andrew 2021:

Mac Andrew is a Melbourne Next-Generation Academy (NGA) member, and one of the most exciting players in the 2022 AFL Draft crop. Whilst Andrew is tied to the Demons, it seems a foregone conclusion that he will not be in red and blue next year, having had an outstanding season despite it being cut short. From his 22-disposal debut against Gippsland Power through to another impressive showing against Eastern Ranges in his final game, the Dandenong Stingrays ruck/forward produced plenty of highlights. His vertical leap and athleticism helped him often dominate ruck contests, and whilst he still remains a raw talent with a very lightly-built frame, Andrew has enormous upside for the future.

STRENGTHS:

+ Vertical leap
+ Athleticism
+ Upside
+ Clean hands
+ Ruck work
+ Versatility

IMPROVEMENTS:

- Raw
- Strength

Lots of top 5 picks are not physically ready made lol actually almost all of them
Though you do often see most top 10 draftees play within the first season, more or less. May depend on position or player, but the high ones usually do. Luko. King -- after some time in the reserves, Anderson, Rowell. Nik Cox. Luke Jackson. Thilthorpe was ready to play even if they didnt debut him right away. Walsh. The port boys from the 2018 draft. Bailey Smith. Naughton. Stephenson. Raynar. Brayshaw? Taranto. McGrath, McLuggage.

I feel like a lot of top picks recently have played and made an impact. I mean thats why they are top picks.

Though you do often see most top 10 draftees play within the first season, more or less. May depend on position or player, but the high ones usually do. Luko. King -- after some time in the reserves, Anderson, Rowell. Nik Cox. Luke Jackson. Thilthorpe was ready to play even if they didnt debut him right away. Walsh. The port boys from the 2018 draft. Bailey Smith. Naughton. Stephenson. Raynar. Brayshaw? Taranto. McGrath, McLuggage.

I feel like a lot of top picks recently have played and made an impact. I mean thats why they are top picks.
I wouldn't be shocked if he gets a game. I didn't think King would. He was also a beanstalk.

I wouldn't be shocked if he gets a game. I didn't think King would. He was also a beanstalk.
Thats true, though King was a bit more built if I can recall, but coming from a defender mostly, I think he had to get used to how he should be playing at the other side of the ground at the top level.
It was good he did get that development under him before debuting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back