Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
I still don't understand why Cameron would say judge us at the end after he made the only 2 moves of the trade period?
It's a statement that suggests The Suns were trying to be active
As it stands we could have judged it as soon as the Brodie pick 19 trade was made over a week ago
A bit strange
A delaying tactic that hopes to put off the outrage until a time when it’s no longer a fresh scab. People have short memories and this is why politicians rarely fall on their swords as people soon have something else to get outraged about

Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
Hollands will be like a fresh recruit next season, really hope he has a massive pre season and gets games early, kid is a freak
Agree, Rowell to some extent as well as he was a shadow of his former self when he played this year due to injuries

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
Agree, Rowell to some extent as well as he was a shadow of his former self when he played this year due to injuries
Yep some big pre seasons are going to see some big uptick in performances, imagine Noah with a bit more strength through the legs, he would be demolishing oppo mids.

We are in a good spot with the kids, the development has been much much better the last few years and I expect it to continue.

Aug 17, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Hollands will be like a fresh recruit next season, really hope he has a massive pre season and gets games early, kid is a freak

I was very impressed with what I saw from Davies and Jeffrey as well. Some real x-factor and talent between those two. Davies already has a harder edge than I expected for a kid his age.

Jul 11, 2006
Chermside
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
See Below
I’ll wait till after draft day to judge Our trade and draft period.

So far not bad;

Let’s see if we can get some experienced rookies

Turn pick 3 to Callaghan, Gibcus, Ward

Prelist 2 players.

See what we can do with all that extra cash.

As Cal Twomey said we literally have Holland’s, Davies, Jeffery just sitting there ready to go.
Combine this post with the other one saying that we didn't lose any player we actually wanted to keep this trade period and I see it as a win.

Unfortunately, there are those that if Stewey Dew were to commit seppuku on their front doorstep, They'd complain about him using the wrong kind of sword and getting blood on their doormat.

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
Southern GC-the beautiful city
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Well same coach and the list that came 3rd last is pretty much the same except for losing a top 10 draft pick that the great waste of player development coach in Dew didn’t succeed in bringing on.

Meanwhile on November 15 the club will be direct debiting a huge amount of money from the long suffering Gold Coast Members including from my account.

A generation of kids already have not seen their club play a final.

Same list, same woeful Coach and this club made up in its front office of private school blow ins from Melbourne want the same exorbitant $$$$ from us again.

It’s all very disappointing. The enablers of Dew and Haines before him have a lot to answer for.

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
Well same coach and the list that came 3rd last is pretty much the same except for losing a top 10 draft pick that the great waste of player development coach in Dew didn’t succeed in bringing on.

Meanwhile on November 15 the club will be direct debiting a huge amount of money from the long suffering Gold Coast Members including from my account.

Same list, same woeful Coach and this club made up in its front office of private school blow ins from Melbourne want the same exorbitant $$$$ from us again.

It’s all very disappointing. The enablers of Dew and Haines before him have a lot to answer for.
Give it a rest

Sun Stormer

Mature Age Recruit
Jul 27, 2018
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Good to see afl.com going on about the value of picking 19 and why it’s so important. Oh sorry important to 17 other clubs, apparently to us it’s just another pic to waste

I'd be surprised if 2021 members weren't offered some sort of thank you for the last half of the season which went missing from a home ground perspective. Too much to expect a credit component on 2022 but something from the Shop wouldn't be too hard?

Jan 27, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Sep 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Oct 19, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast

RowellAnderson12

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Max Verstappen, Pacers, DR3
If we need to delist 3 to the rookie list, how many do we have on the rookie list then?

And what is the rookie list size for us?

Wouldn’t mind topping up with a few players like constable brander hartlett Casboult for 80k a year

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
If we need to delist 3 to the rookie list, how many do we have on the rookie list then?

And what is the rookie list size for us?

Wouldn’t mind topping up with a few players like constable brander hartlett Casboult for 80k a year
If we have the same list concessions as last year (not officially confirmed), we can have 38 senior, 9 cat A and 2 cat B.

At the moment we have 4 cat A spots available if we keep all current rookies.

Jan 27, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
If we have the same list concessions as last year (not officially confirmed), we can have 38 senior, 9 cat A and 2 cat B.

At the moment we have 4 cat A spots available if we keep all current rookies.

At some point our list numbers will get taken from us..
and we’ll be snookered to delist anyone who isn’t contracted.
Similar to being snookered this year not able to use pick 19 and 22

Plus we are maxing out our TTP by paying so many players.

be better being under our max list size and use the money on King and Co.

or whatever free agents we have lined-up for 2022 trade period

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
At some point our list numbers will get taken from us..
and we’ll be snookered to delist anyone who isn’t contracted.
Similar to being snookered this year not able to use pick 19 and 22

Plus we are maxing out our TTP by paying so many players.

be better being under our max list size and use the money on King and Co.

or whatever free agents we have lined-up for 2022 trade period
Base rookie salaries are not part of TPP.

Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Manchester United, All Blacks
2022 biggest free agency list in VFL history

if the Suns don’t pinch a couple..

I’ll start following the Tasmania AFL push
Not many there that you would pay the necessary over's for are there? Moore and Sicily would be the best for the Sun's. Jack Macrae is a gun, but not likely to leave. Maynard too maybe.

A lot of that list will be retiring end of next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back