2023/2024 Gold Coast Draft & Trade periods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I know I'm the resident damp squib but presumably getting in before any SA/Qld border close

brotherhood
1634373574003.png

Jun 7, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Subiaco Lions
Was on Zoom call with the club tonight with Wayne Campbell and Craig Cameron. Got some great information.

- Rory Atkins arrived at club in bad condition last year and has been copping an earful from the club and his manager has been riding him very hard as its made their management group look bad (Connor Sports). You could tell Cameron especially was very unhappy with this situation and has had some strongly worded conversations with Rory. They've told him in no uncertain terms how he needs to shape up this season coming.

- Club interviewed Mac Andrew and rate him highly. Gibcus is a flight risk. My gut feeling is well take one of Callaghan, Andrew or Hobbs.

- Committed to taking Casboult in rookie draft and they mentioned another mature player maybe too. Unsure who the second one was.

- We have two academy kids who've been told we're pre selecting them. One from NT and one from GC. I presume the NT one is Ned Stevens.

- Confident Moyle would have been top 20 in ND.

- Rowell told Dew to let him tag Walsh in last quarter of Carlton game, obviously know how that went!

+ a bunch of other interesting things about where players are at. Was really insightful. Quite impressed by Wayne Campbell and after hearing Cameron talk I've become a fan of his too. Very pragmatic.

Im not sure if some of this was meant to be kept private so I might have to take this down later (was only 25 odd members on the call).

SnusCG

Club Legend
Aug 30, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Was on Zoom call with the club tonight with Wayne Campbell and Craig Cameron. Got some great information.

- Rory Atkins arrived at club in bad condition last year and has been copping an earful from the club and his manager has been riding him very hard as its made their management group look bad (Connor Sports). You could tell Cameron especially was very unhappy with this situation and has had some strongly worded conversations with Rory. They've told him in no uncertain terms how he needs to shape up this season coming.

- Club interviewed Mac Andrew and rate him highly. Gibcus is a flight risk. My gut feeling is well take one of Callaghan, Andrew or Hobbs.

- Committed to taking Casboult in rookie draft and they mentioned another mature player maybe too. Unsure who the second one was.

- We have two academy kids who've been told we're pre selecting them. One from NT and one from GC. I presume the NT one is Ned Stevens.

- Rowell told Dew to let him tag Walsh in last quarter of Carlton game, obviously know how that went!

+ a bunch of other interesting things about where players are at. Was really insightful. Quite impressed by Wayne Campbell and after hearing Cameron talk I've become a fan of his too. Very pragmatic.

Im not sure if some of this was meant to be kept private so I might have to take this down later (was only 25 odd members on the call).
I follow the draft pretty seriously most years and I don't know if Moyle would have gone top 20 but he'd have been a top 3 ruck prospect of this draft if he'd been in it.

If we're keen on Mac Andrews we should trade back to something like Richmonds 7 and a future first. Should be there late in the top 10.

Jun 7, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
I follow the draft pretty seriously most years and I don't know if Moyle would have gone top 20 but he'd have been a top 3 ruck prospect of this draft if he'd been in it.

If we're keen on Mac Andrews we should trade back to something like Richmonds 7 and a future first. Should be there late in the top 10.
Might not even make it to our first pick mate. GWS are dead keen in Andrew too.

On SM-G998B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast

It's hard not to be too cynical about this
What will they do if he doesnt shape up?
Speak to him sternly?
Throw him roughly to the floor?
They gave the guy who wasn't even playing in a pathetic Crows team a 4 year gig which is presumably watertight
I didn't see his shapely contoured form in the group of players doing their own pre-pre-season
1634552538529.png

Gotta say. I'm a bit surprised they'd take Stevens given he has barely played this year. Do they feel its a requirement from having that zone?

Jun 7, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Gotta say. I'm a bit surprised they'd take Stevens given he has barely played this year. Do they feel its a requirement from having that zone?
Maybe it's another NT kid? They didn't say him specifically.

Maybe it's another NT kid? They didn't say him specifically.

Can't see it being anyone else as the only other NT prospect who was invited to the combinewas Andy Moniz-Wakefield .

Which means unfortunately two of Bella, Harris and Uwland will miss out.

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Possibly. I think Stevens does have a talent.

More intriguing is who from Uwland and Bella will be pre-selected. Uwland was selected as best academy player but we got similar types. I will be disappointed if Bella misses out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back