2023/2024 Gold Coast Draft & Trade periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The way I see it from way over here in "never never land", that it would appear that Cameron and Co, have decided "going tall" is the necessary requirement for the Suns to go forward in 2022 and beyond.
Rory (200cm) back after a couple of years out with some serious paper cuts, should be available for AFL or VFL, if we can keep him away from all stationery items ;)
Traded in Chol (200cm) and then pre-selected 18yo Sandy Brock (198cm and still growing).........

Not satisfied with that, we then drafted "BIG MAC" standing at 201cm, at last count.

And there's talk doing the rounds, we may take Casboult (199cm) in one of the remaining drafts.....

Now that's a "tall" order in anyone's language....

The way I see it from way over here in "never never land", that it would appear that Cameron and Co, have decided "going tall" is the necessary requirement for the Suns to go forward in 2022 and beyond.
Rory (200cm) back after a couple of years out with some serious paper cuts, should be available for AFL or VFL, if we can keep him away from all stationery items ;)
Traded in Chol (200cm) and then pre-selected 18yo Sandy Brock (198cm and still growing).........

Not satisfied with that, we then drafted "BIG MAC" standing at 201cm, at last count.

And there's talk doing the rounds, we may take Casboult (199cm) in one of the remaining drafts.....

I suppose it’s better to be tall than too short when the opposition just intercepts all the time?

Witts 209, Moyle 205, King 202, Andrew 201, Thompson 200, Chol 200, Conroy 199, Casboult 199, Brock 198, Day 197, Ballard 196, Murtagh 196, Graham 195, Lukosius 195, Collins 194, Burgess 194.

We should play basketball.

Witts 209, Moyle 205, King 202, Andrew 201, Thompson 200, Chol 200, Conroy 199, Casboult 199, Brock 198, Day 197, Ballard 196, Murtagh 196, Graham 195, Lukosius 195, Collins 194, Burgess 194.

Fair chance 7 of those listed won't be with us after 2023.....

Murtagh, Conroy and Graham good as gone for 2023.

Pick 5 for a player who is probably in that 5-10 bracket but plays in positions of need. Can't wait to see him in the vfl alongside moyle day murtagh corbett graham farrar conroy. I expect we'll look back and be pretty happy. Maybe a midfielder after embarrassing losing Greenwood, like Hobbs, but there will be another inside mid from vic country who averages 30 disposals in the nab league, built like joel selwood and is a clearance beast next year. He will be ready made and Mac hopefully puts on another 10kg and the 2 of them can debut in 2023 . Going to put all my hopes and dreams in Hollands Chol and Thompson for season 2022 and hope they can get us to finals. If we don't get there I want it to be very close, otherwise I think there will be a coaching shuffle. Lyon and Clarkson both on my radar

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

plenty of future second and third Rd picks at our disposal

very unlike GC to be not playing any draft games
With our concessions ending we probably can’t keep throwing them away like pesos any more. Need to tighten the belts a bit. Has made for a pretty uninspiring Trade / Draft period though. I’d like to see us jump back in and pick up a good talent.

Pick 5 for a player who is probably in that 5-10 bracket but plays in positions of need. Can't wait to see him in the vfl alongside moyle day murtagh corbett graham farrar conroy. I expect we'll look back and be pretty happy. Maybe a midfielder after embarrassing losing Greenwood, like Hobbs, but there will be another inside mid from vic country who averages 30 disposals in the nab league, built like joel selwood and is a clearance beast next year. He will be ready made and Mac hopefully puts on another 10kg and the 2 of them can debut in 2023 . Going to put all my hopes and dreams in Hollands Chol and Thompson for season 2022 and hope they can get us to finals. If we don't get there I want it to be very close, otherwise I think there will be a coaching shuffle. Lyon and Clarkson both on my radar

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Hollands, Chol, Thompson & Bowes for me + minor mentions of Rowell & Anderson & Lukosius CHF conversion

A fit witts with Rowell and Anderson becoming the a graders we know they can be. King and luko with some good size about them, and rankine becoming an elite small fwd. Excited

I don't really want to jump back into the draft this year even if we had the available list spots. I'm not even really excited about the talent in this year's draft as there is little exposed form due Covid shutdown in Victoria.

Next year's draft should be deep with the identified talent already being graded better than this year's, plus then there are the 19 yo Vic kids who haven't had a chance to naturally develop into the top tier of draft calculations this year coming on next year. I'm happy with how the club's positioned with future picks.

Plus we have plenty of high end young talent so passing on this year will not impact much in future years.

Not unhappy with Mac but would have preferred Gibcus....more urgent need. If Richmond think he's the man, I shall watch with interest. David King believes he was the pick of the draft.

Next year's draft supposed to be rich with key position talent.

Good we can then cut loose our numerous key position list cloggers

correct.. if we have spots available. Prob sign up all the list cloggers to longer term
Extensions to try and get Rankine Lukosius and king to jump onboard earlier.

no point having all these excess picks in 2022 if we constantly pushing them back a year or sending them away forsalary cap relief

I do like Kingy's insights into the state of the game and how he leans on analytics a lot, but is his opinion worth a lot when it comes to the draft? Somehow I doubt he's been watching these kids play.

I find it weird that he's doing so much commentary around the draft. Just doesn't seem his space at all. But hey, maybe I'm wrong and he knows a lot?

I do like Kingy's insights into the state of the game and how he leans on analytics a lot, but is his opinion worth a lot when it comes to the draft? Somehow I doubt he's been watching these kids play.

I find it weird that he's doing so much commentary around the draft. Just doesn't seem his space at all. But hey, maybe I'm wrong and he knows a lot?

reminds me of Kane Cornes everywhere and minimal knowledge of anything other the PAFC and running

He probably has more astute watchers of the draft feed him information, "researchers" etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back