2023/2024 Gold Coast Draft & Trade periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's less than a quarter of the price.
Looking at their stats yeah it’s probably a quarter of the price for half the player but Constable is 7 years younger and has only played 12 games to Greenwood’s 83. Kid hasn’t really been given a chance in a stacked Cats midfield. Good backup depth at low cost in any case.

Just reading up on Charlie. He is a past Rising Star nominee. His best game was 31 possessions in 69% game time. Not bad. He’s not a spud.
Question marks only his endurance apparently. We'll see, maybe needs a fresh start. He knows how to get the ball and use it

Charlie Constable was rated by Cal as the next Patty Cripps in his draft year

Just reading up on Charlie. He is a past Rising Star nominee. His best game was 31 possessions in 69% game time. Not bad. He’s not a spud.
Didn't Brodie get numbers like that once?

Constable will be good depth. I'd be honestly surprised if he plays much. Assuming we're healthy, anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big Greenwood shaped hole in our midfield. If Constable impresses, who knows?
Interestingly, Whiting had Greenwood only as emergency in Suns best 22 round 1, 2022. Maybe some people are correct that Suns will not miss Greenwood too much unless we are hit by injuries in the middle. Constable should provide some security in that aspect. Personally, I still think Greenwood would start in the best 22 and left one year too early.

Go Bowes.

Interestingly, Whiting had Greenwood only as emergency in Suns best 22 round 1, 2022. Maybe some people are correct that Suns will not miss Greenwood too much unless we are hit by injuries in the middle. Constable should provide some security in that aspect. Personally, I still think Greenwood would start in the best 22 and left one year too early.

Go Bowes.

I personally had greenwood starting but was struggling to have swallow and Weller to rotate thru too

Welcome Charlie, Sandy boy too, him and Kingy will be having a few bevs to celebrate

and maybe with the new VFL coach as well.....

The Gold Coast SUNS are pleased to confirm the appointment of Jackson Kornberg to the role of VFL Head Coach for next season.

Kornberg joins the club from Sandringham Dragons, where he has worked in coaching for the last 10 years.

Go Bowes.
Don't get me wrong, I think Greenwood would have played round 1 for us (presuming he fully recovered from his injury) but I tend to agree with what others have said in that I think Hugh was going to be overtaken by a few of our younger talented players at some point this year. I think Greenwood himself even knew this which is why he was open to the possibility of leaving because the development stage our list is currently in doesn't really lend itself to a lot of longevity for a guy that's about to turn 30. He's better off at a team with a younger list like North, particularly given Ben Cunnington won't be playing for a while. It was also eye opening to see a few stats that suggested our midfield actually performed better overall without Greenwood playing. Like you said, Constable gives us security should injuries hit next year and that's always something that should be accounted for.

The question we all want answered - is 2022 the year that the Prince of Cairns claims the throne as the King of the Coast or will Big Ben retain his namesake title?

Be interesting.
2 genuine ball accumulators in Constable and Fiorini
Both would push 30 odd touches week in week out.
But both are slow across the ground.

you’d think there would be a running coach out there.

Who could just teach them
To have a powerful burst off of speed from standing still or something.

just would add another dimension to there game.

can both play in same team?

depends how well Rowell Anderson Swallow are travelling

Miller is guaranteed gun and AA

Be interesting.
2 genuine ball accumulators in Constable and Fiorini
Both would push 30 odd touches week in week out.
But both are slow across the ground.

you’d think there would be a running coach out there.

Who could just teach them
To have a powerful burst off of speed from standing still or something.

just would add another dimension to there game.

can both play in same team?

depends how well Rowell Anderson Swallow are travelling

Miller is guaranteed gun and AA
You can't teach speed, either you have it or you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back