2023/2024 Gold Coast Draft & Trade periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if Freeman doesn’t make it, freeman and constable are some absolute VFL guns.

You would think the midfield training drills is gonna be ultra competitive, gonna be exciting to see what happens this preseason.

Everyone is fit, spots are up for grabs, everyone is young and hungry.

Even if Freeman doesn’t make it, freeman and constable are some absolute VFL guns.

You would think the midfield training drills is gonna be ultra competitive, gonna be exciting to see what happens this preseason.

Everyone is fit, spots are up for grabs, everyone is young and hungry.
Great point on the summer training.
Although, we don't necessarily want to peak in round 1 and have fizzled out by round 10

Based in Vic myself:
Constable will be a gun. A seriously under-rated ball getter, with good endurance, and steady pace - he goes as hard in the 4th quarter as in the 1st.
Amazed he got no other offers, so an absolute steal. A genuine 8 yr player here.

Add in Casbolt and Freeman - one a big body to free up BK and a great mark, the other, if fit, an absolute beast who destroyed opponents in the VFL.
They call Petracca a beast - Freeman is Godzilla.

These 3 will add so much more than most expect to our list.

Genuine chance to sneak into the 8 next season.

Be happy, guys - for once we have got some decent cast-offs!

Actually like the idea of this. Most probable scenario he does not work out at senior level but is a strong player and leader at VFL level. But if it does workout, his upside is pretty big
Like it too - will put great pressure on Ainsworth, Fiorini, McPherson, Flanders, Davies and others, including I hate to say, Swallow, for spots. Both big bodied VFL experience so will not hurt having them around. Casboult will do the same with Day, although I suspect he (Sam) will head down back if Rory takes another year off with pay.

Based in Vic myself:
Constable will be a gun. A seriously under-rated ball getter, with good endurance, and steady pace - he goes as hard in the 4th quarter as in the 1st.
Amazed he got no other offers, so an absolute steal. A genuine 8 yr player here.

Add in Casbolt and Freeman - one a big body to free up BK and a great mark, the other, if fit, an absolute beast who destroyed opponents in the VFL.

Based in Vic, have you watched a few of Geelong's VFL games in person or something?

Constable had a pretty bad beep test at the combine before he got drafted. Was certainly a knock on him. AFL draft central had his range 8-20 and he ended up going at 36.

I get the feeling he still finds the ball in the last quarter because of his football nous more so than his endurance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Based in Vic, have you watched a few of Geelong's VFL games in person or something?

Constable had a pretty bad beep test at the combine before he got drafted. Was certainly a knock on him. AFL draft central had his range 8-20 and he ended up going at 36.

I get the feeling he still finds the ball in the last quarter because of his football nous more so than his endurance.

Saw Some Geelong / Willy /Box Hill games etc on TV plus saw Constable live at AFL level twice I think. He's not the same guy as he was as a 17 / 18 yr old.
He's 4 yrs in the AFL system now - and don't forget Geelong were 100% going to redraft him as a rookie if he didn't get picked up.
Just my opinion - but feel free to bring this post up in 12 months if I was wrong!
I think he will do us very well.

Saw Some Geelong / Willy /Box Hill games etc on TV plus saw Constable live at AFL level twice I think. He's not the same guy as he was as a 17 / 18 yr old.
He's 4 yrs in the AFL system now - and don't forget Geelong were 100% going to redraft him as a rookie if he didn't get picked up.
Just my opinion - but feel free to bring this post up in 12 months if I was wrong!
I think he will do us very well.
I think he'll be a good pick up too.
Not sure if he necessarily becomes reliable best 22 player but little harm in taking him IMO

Based in Vic myself:

I think calling Freeman Godzilla compared to Petracca is a bit of a stretch lol

Make or break for a lot of the kids at the GC.
With that stack of picks there is a fair possibility that a chunk of your list will be swapped out.
I'd be stocking up on state league mature aged guns to fill the needs and let the developing kids stand out.
Typical GWS model without the HUGE contracts to 2-3 players.
Hope you keep all of your good young kids. Would hate for the likes of st kilda or adelaide to steal them away.

Make or break for a lot of the kids at the GC.
With that stack of picks there is a fair possibility that a chunk of your list will be swapped out.
I'd be stocking up on state league mature aged guns to fill the needs and let the developing kids stand out.
Typical GWS model without the HUGE contracts to 2-3 players.
Hope you keep all of your good young kids. Would hate for the likes of st kilda or adelaide to steal them away.

I think we will keep investing in future picks for now.

i think our list is fully stacked now…
Lots of developing talls and young Rucks
Midfield is full

believe we prob lacking a Tom stewart like defender

Touch as nails and never loses a 1 on 1 midsized defender

Prob need another 200cm full back

if Rosas doesn’t play much in 2022
Another silky forward pocket

Generally role players for the time being.

Hard to not be excited by the slim chance of getting Ollie Hollands up here.
Long way to go, but you would think the Suns will have the draft capital to get him if they want him. Surely we could trade for a top 5 pick to get him? (Hopefully our first next year isn't a top 5 pick).

Makes a lot of sense to team him up with his brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back