Past #21: Alex Morgan - delisted end '18 - not re-listed - 2 games/0 goals - thanks Morgs

Remove this Banner Ad

How tall is he? Looks really short, might just be his awkward jumping technique!

Definitely Deserves a few more games to get accustomed to the pace.

It’s not to have a debutant come in who has a tank and is able to run out the match with ease

Looks an upgrade on Mullet. Whose position you could say he took on the list.
Like Mullet, he has reasonable disposal and can run. However, Morgan looks a bit more solid defensively (which isn’t saying much) and is less one sided.
You would hope that EVW would be playing off half back and we’d add others with a more complete game in time, but he seems a handy player who can hopefully improve and mature to be a good solid contributor.

I think he's like sierakowksi from a few years back who was given a few late games then delisted

Decent enough kick and stamina but average defensively especially in the air and decision making average, was never good enough to crack a game at Essendon even when they had the vfl top ups and I honestly thought he wouldn't play a game here especially after seeing his early form in the vfl so he has surprised in that regard

I think he's like sierakowksi from a few years back who was given a few late games then delisted

Decent enough kick and stamina but average defensively especially in the air and decision making average, was never good enough to crack a game at Essendon even when they had the vfl top ups and I honestly thought he wouldn't play a game here especially after seeing his early form in the vfl so he has surprised in that regard

Do you realise he struggled with injurywhen at *.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh why did he not back himself? I wouldn’t have minded if he’d missed,situation just demanded it. Played ok though and should stay in.
To be fair, 99% of players making their debut wouldn't take that kick.

It shouldn't even be talked about. What should be discussed, is how our senior players s**t the bed with ball in hand once we got 7 points up.

No poise, no leadership, no tempo change.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Looks an upgrade on Mullet. Whose position you could say he took on the list.
Like Mullet, he has reasonable disposal and can run. However, Morgan looks a bit more solid defensively (which isn’t saying much) and is less one sided.
You would hope that EVW would be playing off half back and we’d add others with a more complete game in time, but he seems a handy player who can hopefully improve and mature to be a good solid contributor.
He's a very good tackler which is a good attribute for a defender. Will accumulate better than Mullett I reckon and generally uses it well in possession chains. He isn't really using his pace yet but that should come with confidence

I cant see where all the negatively is coming from. Being pretty unfairly crucified over possibly 1 passage of play late in the game? Like HOF i also thaught he had a solid debut.

Most people seem to be positive. The negativity is from a small number of people who make a lot of noise and keep repeating themselves

If anything the only possible criticism I'd have is that he didn't back himself to take the game on more. Not in that last kick so much but a few times during the game there were (it seemed) chances he had to run on and break lines. But its hardly a knock on someone playing their first game and consistently doing the team things. His kicking is excellent, he'd give off and then put good effective shepherds on and he seemed to be very aware of what was happening around him. So perhaps holding back on the run/line breaking was due to being aware of what wasn't visible on telly.

Even if he doesn't make our best side he'd certainly be one of the first picked to replace a few players on the wing/bfs imo. Hartung for example.

Pretty sound debut. Very encouraging that he accustomed to the pace of the game well and went to the right positions to be used as an outlet several times.

Execution was decent but that is more related to confidence whereas positioning suggets good smarts.

Can't extrapolate from this game whether he's a future contributor or just an answer to a trivia question but he did well.

Pretty sound debut. Very encouraging that he accustomed to the pace of the game well and went to the right positions to be used as an outlet several times.

Execution was decent but that is more related to confidence whereas positioning suggets good smarts.

Can't extrapolate from this game whether he's a future contributor or just an answer to a trivia question but he did well.

I think this is probably another advantage/result of having our own VFL side. To me seemed to slot right into the side. Even the times he held back and didn't take things on he knew where to look for support. Agree that smarts plays a part but so does the whole of both playing groups functioning to a system i reckon. It probably benefits smart players even more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back