#21 - Braydon Preuss - Dropping bombs from outside 50 cause that's what ruckmen do

Remove this Banner Ad

How typical that a man who has the highest percentage of awesome career goals since early Sam Blease would get injured two games in. The #fistedforever has clung to him like a poison gas.

How typical that a man who has the highest percentage of awesome career goals since early Sam Blease would get injured two games in. The #fistedforever has clung to him like a poison gas.
In his defence he probably plays if the game was on the weekend, most blokes are playing injured each week.

Real #fistedforever is if he trips over a hot dog or something at the ground and breaks his neck.

It’s been a real time social experiment TK. The more you’ve posted the more pissed off you appear to have become!
Spare time and no campaigner to talk footy with lol

I must admit the last little bit I have been trigger happy. Get up at 5 for the gym and then head out, it's either early in the morning or late at night when I post so I'm grumpy as

Spare time and no campaigner to talk footy with lol

I must admit the last little bit I have been trigger happy. Get up at 5 for the gym and then head out, it's either early in the morning or late at night when I post so I'm grumpy as
There’s your problem, getting up at 5 for the gym. *.

Should do nothing but run in the offseason. Clearly doesn't have the tank to run out a game. Not a natural forward either. Offers zero pressure in the F50. If he doesn't clunk a mark, he's out of the play. His size is the only weapon he really has going for him. Can bring it to ground i guess. I'd play Weid ahead of him tbh. Unless Pruess improves his tank dramatically, i can see him wasting away at Casey for 4 years unless god forbid Gawn gets injured. Purely a back up player to Gawn..

Should do nothing but run in the offseason. Clearly doesn't have the tank to run out a game. Not a natural forward either. Offers zero pressure in the F50. If he doesn't clunk a mark, he's out of the play. His size is the only weapon he really has going for him. Can bring it to ground i guess. I'd play Weid ahead of him tbh. Unless Pruess improves his tank dramatically, i can see him wasting away at Casey for 4 years unless god forbid Gawn gets injured. Purely a back up player to Gawn..
That was his problem at North - could play for around 15 mins and then was cooked. Compare that to Goldstein or Gawn who can virtually ruck all day and he was never going to displace them. Still, he's doing better than Dom Tyson is for us, so you won that trade.

That was his problem at North - could play for around 15 mins and then was cooked. Compare that to Goldstein or Gawn who can virtually ruck all day and he was never going to displace them. Still, he's doing better than Dom Tyson is for us, so you won that trade.
Dom Tyson’s hair is performing well though

Very limited player. I can't believe so many people are demanding he come back into the senior side. I can only imagine what a ruckman like Grundy would do to Pruess if Gawn went down. I shudder to think. He should be doing nothing but running..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very limited player. I can't believe so many people are demanding he come back into the senior side. I can only imagine what a ruckman like Grundy would do to Pruess if Gawn went down. I shudder to think. He should be doing nothing but running..
So if Gawn went down who would do better than Preuss for us against Grundy?

Ya know Preuss wouldn't have to play the same role as Gawn right?

I'm not first to back him or demand he be in, was fine with the team on saturday. But he has to come in for QB match ups, Cox destroyed us last year. When i look at teams like Collingwood and WCE that use the double teaming, i think it's why we recruited Preuss in the first place

I'm not first to back him or demand he be in, was fine with the team on saturday. But he has to come in for QB match ups, Cox destroyed us last year. When i look at teams like Collingwood and WCE that use the double teaming, i think it's why we recruited Preuss in the first place
Gawn's game against West Coast was arguably the best of his career for mine

Gawn's game against West Coast was arguably the best of his career for mine
I'm more so thinking what they set out to do to him in the prelim last season

Ya know Preuss wouldn't have to play the same role as Gawn right?

The funny thing is that he actually looked half reasonable as a forward. TMac has been bad, Weid dropped (and recalled), Tim Smith is at best an honest trier, yet Goodwin still prefers to go with those blokes over Preuss. Preuss seems exactly the type of campaigner that Goodwin likes as a player, so that says there are some severe deficiencies that even Crazy Goodwin won't overlook to give him a game.

Cox isn't actually playing at the moment, so I wouldn't call that a reason to bring Preuss in ... but the fact that he actually gives our forward line a point of difference, which Smith doesn't get anywhere near doing, is the reason he needs to come in.

Yeah, without Gawn, I'd imagine we'd be playing Preuss something like 60-40 in the ruck, giving TMac and/or Weid more time through the middle, rather than the 85-90% ruck time that Gawn plays.
Exactly. Because Preuss can't run out a quarter let alone a game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back