#21 - Braydon Preuss - Dropping bombs from outside 50 cause that's what ruckmen do

Remove this Banner Ad

Exactly. Because Preuss can't run out a quarter let alone a game.
No dramas. Prod him with tasers at training until he runs.

I like Preuss. Okay so he doesn’t have what you call a complete game, but a couple of freakish goals plus chucking at least one opposition player away per game are two attributes I can get behind.

What could we get for this bloke in a trade? Surely it's in everybody's best interests to move on, despite him having another TWO years on his deal after this season.

He is a better player than Keegan Brooskby, Bellcho, Tom Campbell, even Callum Sinclair potentially...

What could we get for this bloke in a trade? Surely it's in everybody's best interests to move on, despite him having another TWO years on his deal after this season.

He is a better player than Keegan Brooskby, Bellcho, Tom Campbell, even Callum Sinclair potentially...
Weren't you advocating hard for a back up ruck?

We'd be lucky to get a third rounder.
A side like GWS could offer a bit more. Mummy and Jacobs are both old and not far off totally cooked. He would actually be a good Mumford replacement with his size and aggression which helps get GWS up I reckon.
Probably not worth a heap but might be able to shake out someone for depth and/or an okay pick. Weirdly I reckon North could be good too, with Goldstein's age he'll need to be replaced soon(ish), but his form warrants another year or two.

Luke Jackson has made Preuss completely redundant with his ability to also pinch hit in the ruck while Gawn's resting. Sydney desperately needs a first ruck and Preuss is perfect for them. I think they'll be happy paying the other half of his contract.

Fremantle would also be a good destination for him if Sean Darcy goes to the Cats (the Cats also need a good tap ruck). I think Jacobs and Mumford still have something left considering Todd Goldstein's playing good football and is around the same age as Jacobs but Preuss to GWS is also a decent option considering they have a strong midfield and Preuss giving them first use will make them even stronger.

Luke Jackson has made Preuss completely redundant with his ability to also pinch hit in the ruck while Gawn's resting. Sydney desperately needs a first ruck and Preuss is perfect for them. I think they'll be happy paying the other half of his contract.

Fremantle would also be a good destination for him if Sean Darcy goes to the Cats (the Cats also need a good tap ruck). I think Jacobs and Mumford still have something left considering Todd Goldstein's playing good football and is around the same age as Jacobs but Preuss to GWS is also a decent option considering they have a strong midfield and Preuss giving them first use will make them even stronger.

Preuss is well settled in Melbourne so I can't see him approving a trade to interstate team. The exception would be a move to Brissy/GCS as he is a Queenslander.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Gawn went down (touch wood) there is no way Jackson is ready to be number 1 ruck. It means TMac or Tomlinson would have to ruck. Not the worst insurance policy. The benefit of trading him doesn’t outweigh the potential need for him if gawn is injured.

Also 2018 when we traded him in, we couldn’t of forecasted at 17th place finish and have access to draft Jackson. Just for all those captain hindsighters bagging the list/recruiting manager

If Gawn went down (touch wood) there is no way Jackson is ready to be number 1 ruck. It means TMac or Tomlinson would have to ruck. Not the worst insurance policy. The benefit of trading him doesn’t outweigh the potential need for him if gawn is injured.

Also 2018 when we traded him in, we couldn’t of forecasted at 17th place finish and have access to draft Jackson. Just for all those captain hindsighters bagging the list/recruiting manager

I get the reason why we did it, didn't realize we gave him a 4 year 400k pa deal tho. Outrageous for a insurance policy.

Ideally with insurance policies, you'd want to find a state league mature ruckman to stash on the rookie list imo.

400k 4 year deals shouldn't be handed out to guys who spend 95% of the year in the magoo's.

Ideally with insurance policies, you'd want to find a state league mature ruckman to stash on the rookie list imo.

400k 4 year deals shouldn't be handed out to guys who spend 95% of the year in the magoo's.

Spends 4 years in the AFL system after being taken in the rookie draft.

Plays 8 unremarkable games at AFL level.

Then the great man and his manager was able to leverage that into a $1.6m deal over 4 years. This is one of the greatest heists of all time!

:oops:

Spends 4 years in the AFL system after being taken in the rookie draft.

Plays 8 unremarkable games at AFL level.

Then the great man and his manager was able to leverage that into a $1.6m deal over 4 years. This is one of the greatest heists of all time!

:oops:

I think Pruess is better than a lot of people think, but that doesn't matter if he can't get a game coz we have no role for him.

I get the reason why we did it, didn't realize we gave him a 4 year 400k pa deal tho. Outrageous for a insurance policy.

$400k isn’t a lot of money in the AFL, just above average wage.

who are we missing out on with preuss on the list?

hindsight call now he is surplus, there was no way the club was forecasting we’d have access to Jackson when signing Preuss

hindsight call now he is surplus, there was no way the club was forecasting we’d have access to Jackson when signing Preuss

I don't reckon Jackson really has a role in the team right now either honestly. Good to give him some experience tho. By no means best 22 yet imo. Ideally we get TMac back in to pinch hit in the ruck and use him as the forward lead up target keeping Weid deep forward.

They had some vague idea that Preuss and Gawn would fit in the same team clearly even aside from the back up ruck thing, and rated him as a potential best 22 player even with Max in the side. Evidently both howlers of calls

Let's be frank, it was somewhat of a knee jerk decision based on Max getting molested by Lycett and co. in the prelim in 2018. The coaching staff thought they needed two legit rucks in the side becoz of that one game. We tried playing both at times last year and it didn't work as we imagined.

It's a plan that backfired, mission aborted.

I felt you should've went after Hayden Young or does the club see Jackson as Gawn or Hogan's successor?

No hindsight needed, it’s not even that hard to understand, don’t sign back ups and fringe players to multi year deals they aren’t worth and most certainly haven’t earned, no other club does it why the * does ours.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back