Player Watch #21: Callum Coleman-Jones - out for season after suffering Achilles rupture vs CFC on GoodFriday - go well CCJ

Remove this Banner Ad

Here we go. I had no idea that Goldy had announced his retirement. Is that you Scotts? Dial in the bullshit. Start making s**t up. Like I goldysaid, your opinion on this forum should be taken with a grain of salt. :stern look
🥱, bringing in a young highly regarded ruckman was good business. Goldy playing 2nd fiddle out of a pocket, we are almost holding his hand as he walks into retirement or down the highway to geelong

Last edited:
🥱, bringing in a young highly regarded ruckman was good business. Goldy playing 2nd fiddle out of a pocket, we are almost holding his hand as he walks into retirement or down the highway to geelong
We should have walked it to geelong after the CCJ trade was completed.

Anyone who is athletic or has a decent outside game generally plays better earlier at AFL level. For those who do their work in the contest - the AFL is filled with big strong bodied men. They need a lot more time to be able to bring that strength to the game.

CCJ is a mountain of a kid. In four years time he will have better endurance, hopefully better skills, and he will be man handling opposition.

Of course he could also be nothing in four years. But we’ve paid to see the best of this kid. Richmond paid to see him in the gym. Its all a roll of the dice but we’ve calculated benefits on this one. I reckon it was worth it.

Anyone who is athletic or has a decent outside game generally plays better earlier at AFL level. For those who do their work in the contest - the AFL is filled with big strong bodied men. They need a lot more time to be able to bring that strength to the game.

CCJ is a mountain of a kid. In four years time he will have better endurance, hopefully better skills, and he will be man handling opposition.

Of course he could also be nothing in four years. But we’ve paid to see the best of this kid. Richmond paid to see him in the gym. Its all a roll of the dice but we’ve calculated benefits on this one. I reckon it was worth it.
X showed plenty of signs, glimpses of things that indicated he might make it. But he still struggled at senior level, really struggled in fact. We now potentially have 2 young developing and likely senior afl ruckmen on our list. It's a net positive and the list is in better shape as a result. As for the handing over our future by not having a strong draft hand, that statement is made as if we can't or won't trade again to improve our draft hand. We paid a similar price for CCJ that the tigers did as a kid, and we have a number of years development into him. It's great

poor taste in a joke. Crucify me now.
It's that crucifixion time of year!
eric cartman cross GIF by South Park

Highly regarded Ruck? LOL. Like I said. Grain of Salt. :stern look

Man Goldy aint a happy camper fyi. We should have had more respect for him, we're belittling his years of service. And currently CCJ aint good enough to wipe dog s**t from Goldstein's boots.

Could change but I doubt it, gumtrees never before have picked up a yard of pace.

Man Goldy aint a happy camper fyi. We should have had more respect for him, we're belittling his years of service. And currently CCJ aint good enough to wipe dog s**t from Goldstein's boots.

Could change but I doubt it, gumtrees never before have picked up a yard of pace.
Yep, the best ruckman at the club and probably would still be one of the best in the comp and we are sitting him on the pine or in a pocket as we concede 8 or 9 goals in the 1st qtr of only marquee fixture. It was shocking to watch. Would hate to see goldy in another teams colours, the man is a superstar, we've been lucky to have him

Highly regarded Ruck? LOL. Like I said. Grain of Salt. :stern look
I saw the comment ...highly regarded ruck...and went wow that comment in the same sentence as CCJ - not even Richmond supporters thought that.

Maybe ....some potential as a forward who could chop out in the ruck ...but 'highly regarded ruck' ....just nonsense typical of that poster.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I saw the comment ...highly regarded ruck...and went wow that comment in the same sentence as CCJ - not even Richmond supporters thought that.

Maybe ....some potential as a forward who could chop out in the ruck ...but 'highly regarded ruck' ....just nonsense typical of that poster.
you left out the adjective - young. If you want a 22 year old ruck with 3-4 years in the system - so you don't have to pay for the development - you have to make an investment. Callum Sinclair - I'll say that again, Callum Sinclair - got 4 years to go from West Coast to Sydney as a 26 year old. The market for rucks is a very different one to any other segment of the AFL workforce

No surprises you are here, if it involves shitcanning players you are first port of call

you left out the adjective - young. If you want a 22 year old ruck with 3-4 years in the system - so you don't have to pay for the development - you have to make an investment. Callum Sinclair - I'll say that again, Callum Sinclair - got 4 years to go from West Coast to Sydney as a 26 year old. The market for rucks is a very different one to any other segment of the AFL workforce
We wanted a 2nd rounder for X, who had shown considerably less

CCJ's attitude has impressed me.

Bloke was headhunted and then put to the twos after one game, as we tried to dance the impossibly fine line between not shafting a veteran and not pissing off an out of contract player who had a big pre-season.

He's gone back to the 2s and just worked and worked and worked. He didn't sook, despite being promised game time. Had a very good game on Sunday night and should be back in contention soon.

CCJ's attitude has impressed me.

Bloke was headhunted and then put to the twos after one game, as we tried to dance the impossibly fine line between not shafting a veteran and not pissing off an out of contract player who had a big pre-season.

He's gone back to the 2s and just worked and worked and worked. He didn't sook, despite being promised game time. Had a very good game on Sunday night and should be back in contention soon.
Same. Exactly the effort we needed from him, very positive signs.

Coleman-Jones has continued to bang the door down for his first senior appearance since Round 1. He was a dominant force in the ruck and finished with a game-high 37 hitouts.

It wasn't just his ruck work that impressed though. Coleman-Jones' willingness to get stuck into the contest and win his own ball was one of the most consistently strong aspect of the Kangaroos' game. He finished the clash with eight clearances and seven tackles.

"'CJ' was terrific again tonight. He really provided us first use of the ball for our mids and was a really strong option for us all over the ground," Lynch said.

"He's been great for us this season and is certainly keeping the pressure on the guys in the senior side. He's been in terrific form and he continued that tonight."

You could see him really trying hard contest after contest.

Very pleasing to see that given that 'effort' has been an issue with some senior players this year.

We now need to see what he can do at the highest level and no better time to start than this Sat night - X has had a good string of games now and we have seen what he can and can't do in the ruck - time to see what CCJ can and can't do as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back