Player Watch #21: Callum Coleman-Jones - Welcome to North, CCJ! [NM trade RTarrant, 2022 R2, 2021 #40 for CCJ & 2021 #42 & #47]

Remove this Banner Ad

King Corey

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
For one, its a bit of fun, mate.

But since you asked, no i dont expect one unified set of observations. It's the extremes presenting, practically impossble realities even taking into account differing perspectives, that i find kinda funny.

"He was dogshit bad" and "he had a decent to good game" has to beyond simple difference of perspective and steps into the world of observation bias.

But i do see the exepectation of unified set of observations happening. Like how some go to the far extremes of dump the coach yesterday, and anyone who doesn't 110% agree with them is "head in the sand, everything is roses, fools and idiots". So i can see how you might think this is that too.

Yeh I actually retracted my question tbh (but you were too damn quick!) as your take became apparent.

rooboy335

All Australian
Dec 15, 2005
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne

F**k I love the intensity/passion whatever you want to call it that JHF appears to have for the club.

• Flies the flag and ruffles feathers when he/the club is sledged
  • Has been visibly disgusted on more than one occasion following our losses
  • Celebrates the highs in a way that would have to get you pumped if you were one of his teammates

Incredible mentality to have I reckon, something intangible that you can't really teach. And all in his seventh game of league football as an 18 yr old.

Oh and good goal and game from CCJ as well 😂

Last edited:

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
F**k I love the intensity/passion whatever you want to call it that JHF appears to have for the club.

• Flies the flag and ruffles feathers when he/the club is sledged
  • Has been visibly disgusted on more than one occasion following our losses
  • Celebrates the highs in a way that would have to get you pumped if you were one of this teammates

Incredible mentality to have I reckon, something intangible that you can't really teach. And all in his seventh game of league football as a 18 yr old.

Oh and good goal and game from CCJ as well 😂

I’m just impressed that our most natural crumbing forward is 6ft 7.

Mcarcherey

Club Legend
Oct 10, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
As evidenced by the fact Tom Campbell played for them on the weekend.

No disrespect to Campbell he’s a journeyman Ruck and long May his career continue with the saints. But they just wanted a ruck and they wanted them cheap.
...and xerri is chosen over CCJ, goes to show how bad CCJ is.

Mcarcherey

Club Legend
Oct 10, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Jake Melksham once outmarked Goldstein. Shit happens to ruckmen

I see nothing on exposed form to suggest Xerri does anything other than win a few hit outs and lay some tackles. But hes rather ineffectual across the ground. CCJ has more weapons and will be the better long term player.
whatever clearances we won with CCJ in the ruck, they were rubbish high kick and hopes. It's the pressure/follow up work and getting the ball to advantage midfielders to have enough time and space to give them a decent clearance, as shown by the influence by Goldstein.

Alas there is no fantasy points for this kind of stuff so other than providing clips of the game it's all opinion. i can see why ppl think CCJ is great, we gave up a lot to get him and he kicked a great crumbing goal. however he isn't a ruck man.

Only Forwards

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 14, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
...and xerri is chosen over CCJ, goes to show how bad CCJ is.

I would suggest that the jury is out on both.

In fact it would be interesting to see how they went together without Goldy in the side.

You seem very invested in X and to have an issue with CCJ.

Right now we are staring at a very scary prospect of not having a ruck that is anywhere near Goldy in terms of Rucking ability. Not X, not CCJ.

Mcarcherey

Club Legend
Oct 10, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I would suggest that the jury is out on both.

In fact it would be interesting to see how they went together without Goldy in the side.

You seem very invested in X and to have an issue with CCJ.

Right now we are staring at a very scary prospect of not having a ruck that is anywhere near Goldy in terms of Rucking ability. Not X, not CCJ.
i'm just stating the fact that X is much better than CCJ. CCJ isn't a ruckman.

yep very scary, hopefully Edwards is the answer and X/CCJ are just a stop gap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kangaroos techno

Club Legend
Feb 4, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
...you've mixed up goldy with CCJ, CCJ was the one beaten in D50 repeatedly.

Goldy was huge for us, he was the highest ranked player on the field FFS.
You're rivalling DR for the momma Goldstein role.

Both were beaten by Cripps on two occasions each. It happens. I once saw Steven Motlop outmark Goldstein on the wing down at Geelong. Can't win em all.

I never slighted Goldstein's game this week. So I'm not sure why this "but suoercoach rankings" and "but he's better than xerri" because i never suggested either from my comment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad