Player Watch #21: Callum Coleman-Jones - out for season after suffering Achilles rupture vs CFC on GoodFriday - go well CCJ

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we’ll end up needing two of them to replace the work Goldstein does.
I couldn't agree more. The amount of ground Goldstein covers during a game never ceases to amaze me. I don't think there are too many like him around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon he is a better ruck.

Not a natural forward and his marking in the middle is important.

Would conside, r If he he gets cut early. Looking ripped can't be a bad sign?
Dimma was filthy for a reason. Even the second rounder didn’t ease his mood. Ceiling is huge on this one

CCJ could become a player - has shown he can find the ball around the ground and is a decent shot a goal.
Ruck work isn’t up to scratch - plays small for a guy that’s 200cm tall.
Even though he came to us as a 100kg lump of a kid, he didn’t seem very toned. He has made huge strides in terms of his size and strength.

If this translates into more confidence in his body in the ruck contest, then he should make some improvements.

As said by others, he has good skills and runs and accumulates well.

Even though he came to us as a 100kg lump of a kid, he didn’t seem very toned. He has made huge strides in terms of his size and strength.

If this translates into more confidence in his body in the ruck contest, then he should make some improvements.

As said by others, he has good skills and runs and accumulates well.
That game against the pies he positioned himself really well to get the footy via handball or crumb in a passage through the middle, was the link man and laced a perfectly weighted kick to Larkey up forward.

I think his ceiling he can offer more around the ground that X

That game against the pies he positioned himself really well to get the footy via handball or crumb in a passage through the middle, was the link man and laced a perfectly weighted kick to Larkey up forward.

I think his ceiling he can offer more around the ground that X
X, however, is so far away from him in terms of tap ruck-work. X is actually an excellent tap. Just has not been able to transfer his VFL domination to AFL as of yet. X is running well and is looking huge as well.

Taking Goldy out of the equation, we now have three rucks fighting for two(?) field positions.

For me, Xerri is a better ruckman, very good at ground level, and a fierce tackler and blocker. He is a physical ruckman. Around the ground he appears a better mark as well.
CJ is a better forward mark, which is important for a resting ruck. He may be a better kick as well, but neither are particularly good.
My preference is Xerri, by a long way ...

Where is CCJ best position?

Critical 2023 for him coming up.

I firmly believe he needs to choose a role and stick with it!! This average fwd and average ruck isn't cutting it.

I think we need him as fwd and he's no Ruckman imho. Hard hands, no touch.

If he does that and can really target the second tall spot to apply pressure to Chom and even create a fwd role for himself if he's good enough.

Agree its critical for him and us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back