Player Watch #21 Cameron Pedersen - Retired, thanks Cam

Remove this Banner Ad

Can we change the thread title to Bye Dawesy

I have to admit, I didnt love the press release. I thought it was pretty disrespectful in that it couldn't have gone more out of the way to explain that he was simply a depth player, and unfortunate that he wasn't quoted either.

We all know that Pedo is no. 40 on the list, but at least make him feel a little bit special at the same time.

I like Pedo because he was like a nev. He rocked up in 2013 and i honestly thought he was awful like most of our players that year. Bounced back really strong in 2014 under Roosy and has proved to be a handy player. Glad to see him stay on for another year

Pedo was a victim of the club trying to justify Dawes contract now he will be a victim of the club trying to promote youth. It will be a real shame if he doesn't make it to 100 games. Certainly good enough.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pedo looking ways leaner this year
Whoa! Looks like a different bloke all together!! He's shed a lot of weight! This excites me, in a couple of games last year I thought he showed a few things that lead me to believe he's got a fair bit more to show and contribute.

Also a useless fact, the good old Sunny Coast Uni Athletics Track, I trained there for a couple of years way back when ... I believe the statue is still under construction.

He looks in damn good shape. Still has an important role to play in the next 12-24 months, he will need a good year for another contract. Still pissed Dawes got gifted games over him in 2015 but what can you do

Nearing 8am, Cam Pedersen is the second player to arrive.
The key forward looks as fit as a fiddle.
He’s dropped 10kgs, having gone from 103kg to 93kg.
“I’ve got to run around a bit more,” he says with a smile.
It’s encouraging to see him so fit, particularly after having post-season shoulder surgery.
From http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2017-01-31/day-1-diary-camp-kicks-off

Will be very interesting to see if this pays off in his mobilty around the ground.

Didn't some reporter say Pedo along with Olvier had come back in bad shape? Who the F was that?
And off a shoulder reco where he wouldn't of been able to do much anyway. Will be really interesting how his game changes with him being 10kg lighter.

If he was 103kg coming back he was definitely overweight, he isn't exactly a massive unit like a Boyd or Hawkins.
I assume that was his playing weight last year when they had him in the ruck. Probably 3 or so kg's over ideal. This year I doubt he'll ruck and they'd want him lighter with the trend of the game anyway. I reckon he could get back to 95 or so when he's cleared to do more upper body weight but he looks like he's dropped the weight from his hips and could be pretty mobile this year. He took a couple of strong leaping marks last year. I wonder how his leap will be 10kg's lighter!

I assume that was his playing weight last year when they had him in the ruck. Probably 3 or so kg's over ideal. This year I doubt he'll ruck and they'd want him lighter with the trend of the game anyway. I reckon he could get back to 95 or so when he's cleared to do more upper body weight but he looks like he's dropped the weight from his hips and could be pretty mobile this year. He took a couple of strong leaping marks last year. I wonder how his leap will be 10kg's lighter!
I'm guessing that means Watts will be the back up for Gawn then. Not that I'm against it, as much to everyones surprise Watts was more than capable of chopping Gawn out. I'd just much prefer it if we leave him in the forward line the entire game. They could use Frost but he was pretty useless from memory as a ruckman.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back