Player Watch #21 Cameron Pedersen - Retired, thanks Cam

Remove this Banner Ad

In the words of Neeld, competing for the one forward/ruck spot.

Until a couple of weeks ago, Pedersen (and the rest of us) probably thought he would be a certain round 1 starter, but Sellar is making a late dash.

Who gets your vote?

Over 22 weeks it will probably fluctuate but Sellar is doing everything required to push for a round 1 spot and is easily in front. Neeld rewards hard trainers but I doubt that would be a point of difference here.

I think Pedersen - he's much more natural key forward and has played mainly in the ruck during the pre-season, no easy task.

He's a more competitive ruckman as well IMO.

Sellar has the form, but I think they'll both get a starting gig until Mitch comes back - by then we'll know who performs in the AFL environment.

Sellar. Has improvement in him and has impressed this pre-season.

Still not sure why we were so desperate to get Pedersen to be honest. Still, I'm sure the club knows much more than I do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sellar well ahead at the moment, in good form if he can carry that over to round one i would be very happy.

If there is only one spot then it has to go to Sellar on preseason form but as has been mentioned I think there is room for both until Mitch returns.

I'm with the majority here. The NAB Cup is there to give guys a chance to prove they deserve a spot in the 22 come Round 1 and Sellar has done exactly that. I still like Pedersen and think he will still feature quite a bit for us this year, but you can't ignore Sellar's good form.

Think Sellar will be in the best 22 for most of the year.

Can play as the third tall forward behind Clark and Dawes.

Can go into the ruck to give Jamar a chop out, leaving Clark and Dawes in the forward line.

Can play in the backline if we need him down there

Think Pedo will get games when either one of Clark, Dawes or Sellar aren't playing

Sellar gets my vote...

But I seen some signs in Pedersen on the weekend that suggest he might not be as bad as I first thought.

Everyone is making a decision on form, which is great. Sellar has had a better pre-season on-field. However, a lot of this goes out the door once Sellar is required to play the third tall. Structurally, i'm not sold he is the right choice, I think he lacks agility, whereas Pederson is a little more agile in my eyes, and better fits the third tall.

Considering Pedersen cracked it a bit at North after not playing regular first 22 footy, it'll be interesting to see his attitude if he plays VFL at the start of the year. Hopefully he has the character to fight his way into the team.

Considering Pedersen cracked it a bit at North after not playing regular first 22 footy, it'll be interesting to see his attitude if he plays VFL at the start of the year. Hopefully he has the character to fight his way into the team.

He won the Werribee BnF last year didn't he?? Don't think his character is in question as such, I've heard he felt he deserved a spot over some of the players based on training and performance.

I think that was more to do with him feeling he earnt his spot and wasn't given a go over the whole season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back