AFL Player #21: Dyson Heppell aka Farnsy

Remove this Banner Ad

Forget round 1 mate?
Nope.

Todays result was the difference between us staying in the finals hunt or not.

He's had some very good games this year but he got us over the line today along with Walla.

For me this was what he was doing a few years ago. Needs to bring it every week.

Nope.

Todays result was the difference between us staying in the finals hunt or not.

He's had some very good games this year but he got us over the line today along with Walla.

For me this was what he was doing a few years ago. Needs to bring it every week.
Round one was the definition of a captain's game.

Anyone else feel this blokes underrated?

Strolled back in and just picked up where he left off in 2015.

Edit: Just actually read part of this thread, yep underrated.
Yes I do.

Been solid overall but the last couple of weeks he's been recapturing his AA form.

Upto his best today. Feel like he's struggled a bit a times this year. He's going to be massive next year though.

Thought he might have got the captaincy a bit early. But probably better to get this tough first year out of the way now.

I actually believe Heppell's kicking in 2017 has been the best in his career - Definitely has more penetration in his kicking - Some other elements haven't been up to past standards like clearance work and clean ball handling.

I actually believe Heppell's kicking in 2017 has been the best in his career - Definitely has more penetration in his kicking - Some other elements haven't been up to past standards like clearance work and clean ball handling.

He's turned the ball over more this year than he has at any stage in his career. Admittedly, it's got better in the last 2-3 weeks, but there's no way it's been career best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Starting to get on a role now and is having more of those games/quarters where it feels like he's impacting every contest whether be in the air, down back or at a stoppage.

I don't reckon he's been at his absolute best and has gone down in disposal numbers and the quality of his disposal has probably been a little down from his normal level on the whole. I think he has improved in terms of goal kicking and is slightly ahead of where he was in previous years. Still only 10 goals though. We probably need him to become nearly a goal a game player if he really wants to be a star given the role he plays.

That said I think he's had a good year on the whole for us. Particularly the last month has been good. I'd say he'd likely be 4th in our best and fairest only behind Hurley, Merrett and Daniher and I reckon he's moved ahead of Goddard now.

I love him so much.

Cruisy knackers. May not be the quickest or strongest bloke, but motivates everyone in the team, does the smart thing almost every single time, and makes us all say "Yeah nah" more.

He's turned the ball over more this year than he has at any stage in his career. Admittedly, it's got better in the last 2-3 weeks, but there's no way it's been career best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My post refers to penetration in kicking.

He's been sensational this year. Coming back from a year off, with the added pressure of the captaincy, he's exceeded my expectations. His marking has been a highlight, he's kicking more goals, his two-way running has improved significantly and he still has the capacity to win the crucial clearances when the team needs it the most. I love knowing that when the game is on the line, he's going to lift. Great year, Dys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back