AFL Player #21: Dyson Heppell aka Farnsy

Remove this Banner Ad

Neil-Patrick-Harris-Gun-to-Head.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think there he been a monstrous overreaction to his performance against West Coast.

Ball use was poor. He and Hibberd (who spent more time spoiling team mates and undoing his own errors in the first half) had some of the less influential 30+ possession games of the season. The numbers for our half backs are almost irrelevant such is the extent of the over use of the footy.

I liked that he's good enough to slot straight back in defence from where he can set up play.

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2014-08-20/heppell-surges-in-coaches-votes

Essendon midfielder Dyson Heppell has continued his surge up the AFLCA Champion Player of the Year leader board with a perfect 10 votes on the weekend.

Heppell’s 10 votes has seen his tally increase to 68 votes for the season, placing him outright seventh on the leader board, just 27 votes behind leader Nat Fyfe.

After a poor first half innately mirroring the entire team, the 22-year-old rallied in the second half to amass a stunning 29 disposals, to finish with 39 for the match.

The inspiring display left no doubt in both coach’s minds with Bomber Thompson and Adam Simpson awarding Heppell the top votes.

Think there he been a monstrous overreaction to his performance against West Coast.

Ball use was poor. He and Hibberd (who spent more time spoiling team mates and undoing his own errors in the first half) had some of the less influential 30+ possession games of the season. The numbers for our half backs are almost irrelevant such is the extent of the over use of the footy.

I liked that he's good enough to slot straight back in defence from where he can set up play.
In Heppell's case he actually had a 30 possesion half...just sayin.....it doesn't happen that often.

Thought he was clearly the key to our second half revival. Without looking at the replay to confirm I remember actually being impressed at his compusure and ball-use when the heat was on.....one thing I'm certain of, his ballhandling under pressure was extraordinary.

Fractured hand at training
http://www.essendonfc.com.au/essendon/news/2014-08-20/heppell-injury-cloud

Essendon midfielder Dyson Heppell is expected to miss this week’s game against the Gold Coast after fracturing his hand at training today.

Club doctor Bruce Reid said Heppell’s recovery period would be minimal after undergoing surgery shortly after the accident.

“Dyson sustained a fracture in his hand during training this morning but we were extremely fortunate that Greg Hoy was available to operate on his hand within the hour,” Reid said.

“The surgery was a success, Dyson had a plate and screws inserted into his hand and we’re confident his recovery time will be minimal.”

Operate within the hour??? WTF??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back