Contract Status: Unrestricted Free Agent 2024
My Boy Draft 2024: Pick 27, Highly Evolved

Last edited by a moderator:

NAB777

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Has some strengths, but some deficiencies - and they hurt. As mentioned above - not a great kick, and that kills teams these days.

Also - may be a good leader in some ways, but seriously - that performance after the siren last night is not what this club needs right now.

Jan 31, 2012
patterson lakes
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
OK then, let’s focus on Dys. I love him. He gives his all and is a good bloke. But the rot sets in when the captain is providing a conducive medium. He is doing some outright dumb stuff. Dragging the ball back in whilst on the ground, bombing the ball to a disadvantaged area in the forward 50 and turning the ball over in the corridor. These errors are hugely contagious when the skipper does them.

I’ve always felt he is a great midfielder but it might be time for him to come off halfback again. He’s had some great games in the guts this year but we need to try something different to best fit the team going forward.

He’s an average kick, so not sure coming off HB’s the answer given that’s the criteria we need uncompromised. I do agree however about him moving him aside as captain. Merrett’s the incumbent, give it to him & let dys just worry about his game & if possible cleaning up his average shoe.

qwertyboy

Team Captain
Jul 12, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton FC, Detroit Pistons.
bump.
Is a gun. Really leads from the front especially when the nitty gritty stuff is needed. This week and the week before really showed why he is captain and also such an underrated contested beast. Worked his absolute butt off couldn’t love him anymore.

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
bump.
Is a gun. Really leads from the front especially when the nitty gritty stuff is needed. This week and the week before really showed why he is captain and also such an underrated contested beast. Worked his absolute butt off couldn’t love him anymore.
Underrated player in general, think he should be tagged more than Zerrett

Jul 15, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Celtics, Colts, Renegades
******* hilarious how bipolar this board is. Go back one page for example
That hair, it needs to go, I think the boys should refuse to train til he shaves it off. Better not leave any sideburns either.

Funny that even post number #7 of this thread, straight after being drafted that people gave a s**t about that.

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
bump.
We need it more from him and consistently from round 1.
Two years in a row our slow starts are costing us.

Sep 12, 2003
under the table
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Not important
I honestly can't tell if people are serious anymore when talking about his hair
I think we can all agree that all we want to see from Dyson at some point in his career is either him lifting a premiership cup or sporting a perm.

I'd be happy either way.

I think we can all agree that all we want to see from Dyson at some point in his career is either him lifting a premiership cup or sporting a perm.

I'd be happy either way.
I'd demand both at the same time. Imagine the amount of babies born 9 months after that glorious bastard lifts a cup with a perm.

Bigjobss

Cancelled
BeanCoiNFT Investor
Apr 7, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Another solid game, enjoying his good work in close getting the contested ball recently

He's been great but had a very poor patch. If he wants to take the next step he nails that goal running in and in the other situation he takes the 20m kick to Shiel on the boundary to kill clock instead of looping it to their ruckman in the centre of the ground

Back