AFL Player #21: Dyson Heppell aka Farnsy

Remove this Banner Ad

21 - heppell.jpg

Contract Status: Unrestricted Free Agent 2024
My Boy Draft 2024: Pick 27, Highly Evolved

Last edited by a moderator:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't want to go into hysterical mode, but captains with foot injuries scare the s**t out of me. Please be bruising and please don't rush it.

blitzer

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 27, 2006
House
AFL Club
Essendon
Worsfold seemed pretty bullish that Heppell would be right to go next week. That said foot injuries really worry me. They are either insignificant or they can be career threatening. I'd much rather a calf or a hamstring where at least you have a good idea what to expect.

MiguelM

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 22, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Looks doubtful. Managing it for a while.

They haven't stated what it is (unless I missed it). Hoping not a stress fracture?

Hamez

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 8, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Update on Dyson:
Essendon captain Dyson Heppell is a chance to return to the side this week for the Bombers’ important clash with fellow finals contender North Melbourne.

Heppell was a late withdrawal from the team’s 10-point victory over Sydney last week due to a sore foot, but he remains in the mix for selection to take on the Kangaroos on Saturday.

“Dyson has an unfused growth plate in his foot, he also has the same in his other side, which he eventually had pinned a few years ago,” club physical performance manager Justin Crow said on Tuesday.

“From time to time that gets sore. He was at the point at the end of last week where that soreness wasn’t at the point where we were prepared to put him into a game.

“We’ve given him a bit of time in the moon boot to see how much that settles this week and we’ll be testing him towards the end of this week to see whether or not he becomes available to play.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back