AFL Player #21: Dyson Heppell aka Farnsy

Remove this Banner Ad

Actually the best judges use both. It is why the stats area has taken off. They are a tool used by coaches and recruiters. No one can simply watch a game and take it all in first shot. the best judges use their naked eye football knowledge and the stats to form opinions.
If you are not using all 3 then you are not fully informed.
Especially when comparing performances some time apart from each other. Perception isn't perfect and we are all subject to biases such as whether or not its our favourite or least favourite player and so on. No stat that I'm aware of is a 'furfy', the problem is with how they are used and when people use something like %DE to say a player is s**t when in reality their game style dictates a lot of rushed possessions.

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re-signs to the end of 2020
Dyson Heppell inks new deal with Essendon Bombers, locked up until end of 2020 season

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...d-of-2020-season/story-fni5f6kv-1227178699534

“We have formed such a close bond with the entire group, that I can’t see anyone leaving (other than Paddy Ryder) because of the saga.

“I didn’t even think of it or mention it (in the new deal).

“We are such a tight-knit group and we are so hungry and driven to succeed as a group, and, to be honest, nothing else really matters.

“I hope me signing up for these five years does speak volumes for the culture of the place.”

Suck on a fat one haters.

Huge news! What a great signing by the club. I have to say i always thought he would be the type that Heppell would be really loyal, he seems like a true Essendon great in the making. Next Essendon premiership captain and brownlow medalist. Making the call now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back