Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
And you can almost hear everyone else whisper, "who cares?"
I care. TBH I hated the look, but not enough to make how he chooses to wear his hair my business or draw conclusions about his professionalism or ability on the basis of it.

I think it’s great what he did. He raised a shitload of money at a time when everyone felt so helpless about what to do. And by picking a haircut pledge he injected some fun into the event which more than a few people needed. It was an awesome thing to do, and I love him for it. I hope he feels proud.

I care. TBH I hated the look, but not enough to make how he chooses to wear his hair my business or draw conclusions about his professionalism or ability on the basis of it.

I think it’s great what he did. He raised a shitload of money at a time when everyone felt so helpless about what to do. And by picking a haircut pledge he injected some fun into the event which more than a few people needed. It was an awesome thing to do, and I love him for it. I hope he feels proud.
Obviously I didn't mean that I didn't care about the charity, I meant I didn't care whether or not his hair was long.

Pweter

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 12, 2010
Right here, right now
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Central Districts, Detroit Pistons
I'd rather they leave the big V out of it and make it Rampage v Flyers if that's the case.
As a non-Vic it's hard to get excited about SOO when my home state isn't represented. I felt the same about the one off they had a decade ago too. There's no history to the Allies concept. I reckon the players would feel it too.

Oct 22, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Essendon
As a non-Vic it's hard to get excited about SOO when my home state isn't represented. I felt the same about the one off they had a decade ago too. There's no history to the Allies concept. I reckon the players would feel it too.
100% agree the allies/all stars concept isn't interesting to me either. But how would you feel about an SA side that was made up by quotas, rather than the best players who've made themselves available?

The Big V, to me, was always reserved for the very best to stick their hands up. Always thought it's really cool how other Vic rep sides (vafa/vfl/metro & country etc) only use variations. That someone will have "Victorian representative" on their CV for being a club nominated player just doesn't sit right.

Running freely after off-season surgery on the unfused growth plate in his foot.

“(Dyson) had a slow build into his rehab, but he’s now running freely and we’re introducing some agility work with him.”

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
If Essendon was a premiership side Dyson would not be playing midfield. He would be a general across half back and wing

I wonder if we'll see that more if McGrath and Parish are both slated for increased time through the midfield. Shiel & Merrett can't really work the half-back line nor are they strong enough in the air whereas Heppell can probably play that sweeping role we used Goddard for.

Anyone have any idea on how our beloved captain's holding up?
Confirmed he'll miss Round 1. Wouldn't be surprised for him to miss a few after that, too.

Essendon captain Dyson Heppell has confirmed he'll miss the Bombers' season opener against Fremantle next week.
The 27-year-old will miss the Marvel Stadium clash as he continues to manage a foot injury.
“It’s good to make the call (to miss) now. It’s a long season and I’m continuing to manage the rehab around the foot,” Heppell said at the annual AFL Captain's Day on Tuesday.
“It’s probably progressing a bit slower than we’d like, but I’m working closely with the medical team, so we’ll take the conservative approach for round one and go from there.”
Speaking at the 2020 Powercor Country Festival launch before Monday's Marsh Community Series win over Geelong, utility Cale Hooker praised his captain and said he wanted Heppell back to his best.
“He (Heppell) has probably been a bit slower than expected (in his recovery). He was really brave playing injured for us last year, helping us get into finals and having a crack at it,” Hooker said.
“We just want him back to his best, however long that takes, even if that is a few weeks.”

Falcon27

Club Legend
Sep 8, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Does anyone know what the actual issue is? Is it just a slow recovery from the off season surgery, re-occurrence or new injury?

Seems to elude to it being an abnormally slow-healing injury post-surgery.

The fact it's in his foot is concerning, but I'm glad they aren't rushing it.

Does anyone know what the actual issue is? Is it just a slow recovery from the off season surgery, re-occurrence or new injury?
Had a screw put in and they had to unexpectedly take it out recently.

Back