AFL Player #21: Dyson Heppell aka Farnsy

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep just rested. No injury at all.

So Heppell is listed as a groin injury because...?
Genuine question here- for DT purposes, either Heppell or Gibbs buys me a donut this week. and if Heppell really does have a groin injury, then surely that'll be longer than a week?

Genuine question here- for DT purposes, either Heppell or Gibbs buys me a donut this week. and if Heppell really does have a groin injury, then surely that'll be longer than a week?

yeah found it odd they listed him as a groin. its just part of essendon's rotation policy, remember he played against St Kilda, then a short break against Coll leading into a match against GWS.

Its just to keep him fresh for the Geelong game. He will be back..... Gibbs on the other hand seems less likely with a hammie so I've decided to trade him out for Hibberd.

Isn't Gibbs expected to miss 2 with his hammy? Heppell should be back next week you are probably better sticking with him.

Isn't Gibbs expected to miss 2 with his hammy? Heppell should be back next week you are probably better sticking with him.

Yeah, that was my thinking. But if Heppell is a genuine groin injury, then surely means he'll be out for more than 1 week.
Anyway, I can't find any substance or any mention anywhere about Heppell doing a groin, so keeping him. Thanks!

Gibbs is touch and go, since Carlton play on Monday next round, so they think maybe the extra couple days are enough.

Yeah, that was my thinking. But if Heppell is a genuine groin injury, then surely means he'll be out for more than 1 week.
Anyway, I can't find any substance or any mention anywhere about Heppell doing a groin, so keeping him. Thanks!

Gibbs is touch and go, since Carlton play on Monday next round, so they think maybe the extra couple days are enough.
No problem. Hird has come out today and said that Heppell was very close to playing this week just didn't train enough. That is all that has been said so far on the injury.

Re-signs to end of 2015
Maybe I should have this forum section open prior to The Hangar starting each wednesday, then I wont miss out on breaking the news!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jobe Watson will be 30 in 2 years. Will want to back up the next captain for a couple of years after that before he retires. Odds of Heppell being the next captain in 3 years as part of his next contract after this 1?

use the hashtag #AskHepp on twitter and Dyson will answer questions after tonights episode of The Hanger which is in about 3 minutes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back