AFL Player #21: Dyson Heppell aka Farnsy

Remove this Banner Ad

Overall he was very good but he had a 2 or 3 absolutely horrendous turnovers that cost us big time.

When we're running the ball in waves I think he needs to look to give the hands to runners more.

We're now at the point where we just take this guy for granted. Was outstanding on Saturday night and has really picked up his inside game.

If we pick up a solid inside bull this offseason to help him out watch his game go to another level next year.

We're now at the point where we just take this guy for granted. Was outstanding on Saturday night and has really picked up his inside game.

If we pick up a solid inside bull this offseason to help him out watch his game go to another level next year.

He's been huge, will move into the top 10 on the coaches votes leaderboard after this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's been pretty awesome the last 8 games or so. I dare say if he'd been playing like this the entire year he'd be in AA contention.
Still reckon he's a sneaky chance to win our B&F (obviously Smith is favourite so far).

What's impressed me is he's not just doing it offensively but at times he's gone to oppositions best mids and closed them down whilst racking them up himself. In the North game he went to Higgins after Q1 and really quelled his influence but continued to get plenty of touches himself.

Just quietly id have him creeping into Brownlow calculations, if he has a big finish to the year i could see him finishing top 10 at least.

Yeah that would have to be very quietly.

Just quietly id have him creeping into Brownlow calculations, if he has a big finish to the year i could see him finishing top 10 at least.
He’s 9thin the coaches votes
299D7CEB-15F2-4235-9DF2-047E5C94DEFC.jpeg

I hope he gets some serious consideration for AA this year. His last 2 months have been terrific & if he finishes out the year in a similar fashion he should have every chance to make the team or the squad at the very least.

After copping an almighty pasting after the Melbourne game he has turned his season around in a big way. Not only has his form been blistering, his onfield leadership has noticeably improved. Leading from the front and doing the heavy lifting superbly despite it not suiting his natural game.

On the subject of coaches votes, he's killing it. Votes in 9 games, polled in every victory bar the Brisbane game where he was clear best on in what was looking like his best performance of the year, with 9 disposals and two goals before being knocked out early in the second. His influence is highly underrated by the unwashed masses.

6 vs Crows
6 vs Port
2 vs Carlton
6 vs Geelong
9 vs GWS
3 vs West Coast
4 vs Norf
4 vs Collingwood
10 vs Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back