Senior 21. Carlton Jack Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

Lace_Out

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 1, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Can see why a number of clubs were keen to get him. Just the type of player we have been screaming out for. A goalkicking midfielder that uses the ball superbly. Would be great if SPS could model his game on this guys, as they do have similar traits.
They both have the ability to create time for themselves and are great on either side of the body.
Martin has him well covered for speed though and is better overhead.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

ferrisb

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2011
The Naughty Corner
AFL Club
Carlton
While I am on a roll.....Martin is the classic 'I'd rather have 15 touches from him than 25 from another player'.

When he gets the ball, something good happens. He creates space, makes good decision and has beautiful kicking skills.

He's the one you want to feed the ball to. Has averaged 17-18 touches in multiple seasons in a weak Suns team. No reason we can't get 18-22 out of him, amazing delivery I50 and some goals here and there. And what a 18-22 it would be!

Space Cadet

All Australian
Feb 24, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
I think we finally filled the Bryce Gibbs shaped hole in the team, in terms of needing that reliable skillful mid.
That hole (and Doch) were big parts of our performance the last two years. Now we've addressed those plus got two years of development in the team.

blueblooded

Club Legend
Feb 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Celtics, AC Milan
I said it in the game day thread - Martin and Cripps are a one two punch and half in the midfield. Perfectly complement each other ... one is an inside bull and the other is speed and distribution... throw in Walsh and SPS and you have a winning formula. Can go forward and mark above his head too and kick them from anywhere. Gun!

ferrisb

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2011
The Naughty Corner
AFL Club
Carlton
I said it in the game day thread - Martin and Cripps are a one two punch and half in the midfield. Perfectly complement each other ... one is an inside bull and the other is speed and distribution... throw in Walsh and SPS and you have a winning formula. Can go forward and mark above his head too and kick them from anywhere. Gun!
Yep, not just a good player (and could be very good), but exactly what WE needed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Old navy

Club Legend
Nov 28, 2014
Eastern Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
does the bloke get out of second gear as far as emotions go? can't even seem to get excited after a big goal - ice cool he be...........
I’m thinking he had a dirty night and was dark on himself, had some pretty basic skill errors, it just wasn’t he’s night, despite that he went back, and drilled the goal that really counted, didn’t carry on after the goal, cause he knew he hadn’t played well and was still all Business.

12Chill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Hey all, here's the Jack Martin 2020 highlight reel.

Jack Martin

My channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwlfLRnEgIdb_bnsm9YtURw

Christou2Kouta

All Australian
Jul 7, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Hey all, here's the Jack Martin 2020 highlight reel.

Jack Martin

My channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwlfLRnEgIdb_bnsm9YtURw
Thanks for that. I love watching this man play. He should do even better next year being more familiar with his teammates and I'm looking forward to seeing him combine with Zac Williams.

Remove this Banner Ad