Senior 21. Jack Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't understand how, with his measurables, he's so good over head. He can pluck a mark and hold his ground when he absolutely has no right to.
the newnes goal, he stood up in 2 tackles to dish it off to murph, just blew my mind, cant believe how strong he actually is

Yeah. Martin.

What a start for him at the CFC and exactly what we needed for the forward line.
A smart, creative goal-kicker, play-maker. Just to finish it off with a more robust type now and have our lead guys involved and it will be dangerous.

............and we paid a duck-egg for him. Good for you Cochrane.

I don't understand how, with his measurables, he's so good over head. He can pluck a mark and hold his ground when he absolutely has no right to.

Pound-for-pound, he's also an extraordinary tackler.

Martin is a hard match-up.
Good on the ground, good in the air, elusive and you never know what he may do. Helps that he can kick a goal, also.

A creative goal-kicking forward is exactly what we needed and we got him for nothing.
If only that #9 went north for Papley. Sooner the bird in the hand than for two in the bush. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His cousin went all right last night as well.

Another benefit in recruiting Jack Martin is will now will be able to retain SPS for the long haul.

I sleep like a baby these days knowing we have years of enjoyment of these two guns strutting their stuff in Navy Blue to come

giphy.gif

Gotta say never seen such sour grapes from a fanbase, but all 6 of the Suns supporter base are providing some hilarity on their board.

Anyway I think we're all realistic enough to know he won't necessarily light up every quarter or even every game, but his talent and toolset is there plain to see. Back him in.

It's interesting reading all the comments here. He's always been good at the things people seem to be shocked by, like his overhead marking or his fierce tackling, both things you'd think a guy for his size he shouldn't be. Obviously being tucked away up on the Gold Coast means his visibility was low, so those skills seem surprising.

He is ridiculously good. Carried that forward line on his lightly-built shoulders. If only we could somehow get our other forwards fit at the same time, it would be a frightening prospect.
When they were doing their warmup last night, I thought, who’s that, I don’t know that body, looked at the number and thought, nah that’s not Jack, it was, he has a rather big rump, he’s really solid through that core.
That’s why he does what he does, skinny everywhere else, but a big arse!
* he was good last night, so so happy!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back