Senior 21. Jack Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

Can see why a number of clubs were keen to get him. Just the type of player we have been screaming out for. A goalkicking midfielder that uses the ball superbly. Would be great if SPS could model his game on this guys, as they do have similar traits.
They both have the ability to create time for themselves and are great on either side of the body.
Martin has him well covered for speed though and is better overhead.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

While I am on a roll.....Martin is the classic 'I'd rather have 15 touches from him than 25 from another player'.

When he gets the ball, something good happens. He creates space, makes good decision and has beautiful kicking skills.

He's the one you want to feed the ball to. Has averaged 17-18 touches in multiple seasons in a weak Suns team. No reason we can't get 18-22 out of him, amazing delivery I50 and some goals here and there. And what a 18-22 it would be!

I think we finally filled the Bryce Gibbs shaped hole in the team, in terms of needing that reliable skillful mid.
That hole (and Doch) were big parts of our performance the last two years. Now we've addressed those plus got two years of development in the team.

I said it in the game day thread - Martin and Cripps are a one two punch and half in the midfield. Perfectly complement each other ... one is an inside bull and the other is speed and distribution... throw in Walsh and SPS and you have a winning formula. Can go forward and mark above his head too and kick them from anywhere. Gun!

I said it in the game day thread - Martin and Cripps are a one two punch and half in the midfield. Perfectly complement each other ... one is an inside bull and the other is speed and distribution... throw in Walsh and SPS and you have a winning formula. Can go forward and mark above his head too and kick them from anywhere. Gun!

Yep, not just a good player (and could be very good), but exactly what WE needed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

does the bloke get out of second gear as far as emotions go? can't even seem to get excited after a big goal - ice cool he be...........

I’m thinking he had a dirty night and was dark on himself, had some pretty basic skill errors, it just wasn’t he’s night, despite that he went back, and drilled the goal that really counted, didn’t carry on after the goal, cause he knew he hadn’t played well and was still all Business.

Hey all, here's the Jack Martin 2020 highlight reel.

Jack Martin

My channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwlfLRnEgIdb_bnsm9YtURw

Hey all, here's the Jack Martin 2020 highlight reel.

Jack Martin

My channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwlfLRnEgIdb_bnsm9YtURw

Thanks for that. I love watching this man play. He should do even better next year being more familiar with his teammates and I'm looking forward to seeing him combine with Zac Williams.

Really hope he can pull the proverbial out and get back playing more confident, consistent and decent footy in 2022.

Has the talent and potential to be an A Grader, sadly yet to show it constantly with us.

Hopefully Vossy can get the best out of him

Really hope he can pull the proverbial out and get back playing more confident, consistent and decent footy in 2022.

Has the talent and potential to be an A Grader, sadly yet to show it constantly with us.

Hopefully Vossy can get the best out of him
Yeah. Well said. Martin is really important. We’ve invested a lot in him. He needs a couple of really good years.

He laboured most of 2021, and looked like he was on one leg for the second half of the year.

Marking medium forward in a line up with CC, HM in to take the heat and a revamped midfield with two good ball users should equal 30-40 goals a season.

hope he stays fit because his best is absolutely A grade.

Agree but he is such a damaging player (at his best) with the ball I feel his talents would be wasted somewhat as a permanent stay at home small forward role.

He clearly is an outside player, putting him on the wing and let him feed off the likes of Cripps and Walsh etc and let him run off and deliver the pill to our forwards would be my ideal situation (he is generally an excellent field kick of the ball)

Agree but he is such a damaging player (at his best) with the ball I feel his talents would be wasted somewhat as a permanent stay at home small forward role.

He clearly is an outside player, putting him on the wing and let him feed off the likes of Cripps and Walsh etc and let him run off and deliver the pill to our forwards would be my ideal situation (he is generally an excellent field kick of the ball)
I disagree about him being clearly outside. Although he’s built like a matchstick he’s hard at it and (in his first year at least) was terrific in the contest, standing in tackles and feeding the ball out.
Just get him fit AR and let Voss figure it out.

We need to get him and Mc Gov fit and firing up and we are a so much more dangerous team. They are both SO TALENTED. !

And put a cracker under Fish (last chance saloon 2022), also get Williams fit enough to play in the rotations and LOOK OUT IMO !

Looked half cooked from the 2nd qtr of his 1st game back. Obviously was but didn't look fit with all that strapping. Can be a very damaging HF/F with his kick for goal, pinch hit in the middle and release on a wing occasionally and let him run and carry. Big season coming 2022.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back