Delisted #21: Courtney Johns

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: 21. Courtney Johns

Looks like Johns is putting in a pretty big pre season already. He was down at WH yesterday with Jay Nash doing some 200's. :thumbsu:

I'd love to see the big fella come through this year and cement a position though he's got a few ahead of him at this stage.

I'm pretty suprised a few clubs didn't have a crack at him during trade week. Particularly Dogs, Tigers, Eagles. I would have thought he would have been a really good addition to their lists.

Though hasn't yet found his niche at senior level, he has some big tools to play huge games. Question is can he do it consistently? Unfortunately, I think it's going to take an injury to Michael, Lloyd and or Lucas for him to get a good crack at it as I don't think you could playe those four plus the 2 rucks in the same side.

Unfortunately, I think it's going to take an injury to Michael, Lloyd and or Lucas for him to get a good crack at it as I don't think you could playe those four plus the 2 rucks in the same side.

I think Johns could play alongside Michael, Lloyd and Lucas if he gets himself fit, gets better below the knees and plays in the back half. He's got the pace to go with quick forwards on the lead and that would complement Michael nicely.

However, I don't think Johns could play alongside Ryder, Fletcher, Michael, Lloyd and Lucas unless one of Hille and Laycock is missing and Ryder is used as a ruckman. We'd simply run out of runners.

In fact, I think we should be limiting this to defenders that he can play alongside. He's proven that he can't work with Lloyd and Lucas.

If CJ has a poor year it's extremely unlikely he'll have any value.

This is his last chance to prove something and if he doesn't, he'll be out the door.

just wondering what you guys think if CJ does not have a great year. will we try and off load him while he has some value or keep him.:confused:

I have publicly stated and don't mind doing so here either.

He is an absolute dud and is a one dimensional footballer who will only make it as a FF in a lower division.

I have even defended my position with the fact that is i am wrong and he makes it as a KP defender at AFL level i will post my email apology to him on the Essendon board and the main AFL board.

I reckon i am pretty safe.......

He is an absolute dud and is a one dimensional footballer who will only mka eit as a FF in a lower division.

I have even defended my position with the fact that is i am wrong and he makes it as a KP defender at AFL level i will post my email apology to him on the Essendon board and the main AFL board.

But Merv Free Spirit told me have have less credability than Robert Walls so how could you know these things :p

But Merv Free Spirit told me have have less credability than Robert Walls so how could you know these things :p

That is a very valid point ant.

Now that i think about it, i would say the FS and Walls have a lot in common...........

they have fined Johns down a lot this preseason. presumably in a bid to increase his agility - which certainly needs some improvement. i don't agree with merve's assessment that he's a complete dud, but he's certainly coming from a long way back, and this year it's make or break.

That is a very valid point ant.

Now that i think about it, i would say the FS and Walls have a lot in common...........

I think FS is worse. He is like Walls with a dictionary:D

because that'd mean so much to him? :rolleyes:

He is an absolute dud and is a one dimensional footballer who will only make it as a FF in a lower division.

Well Merv lets hope your wrong for essendons sake. However I think you are pretty safe aswell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought he did pretty well for the brief time he was involved.

Needs to be involved longer though.

i thought he played a bit like barry hall last night. led well and used his strength

Yeh, especially when he got the ball and ran. Blokes were bouncing off him.

id be happy with the way he looked in round one.. looked to have great speed for a big bloke to get to the ball first and used his strength well.
reading other posts it seems many bombers supporters dont rate him in the best 22? i thought he would be a good option this year after having another preseason under his belt

id be happy with the way he looked in round one.. looked to have great speed for a big bloke to get to the ball first and used his strength well.
reading other posts it seems many bombers supporters dont rate him in the best 22? i thought he would be a good option this year after having another preseason under his belt

Problem is we have
Lloyd, Lucas as established talls.
Hille and Laycock to rest down there.
Mcphee there this year
and when they're not injured, Neagle and/or Gumby.

Too many options.

i hope we keep him on the list until lloydy and scotty retire. he will be ready made by then, if not by now

Remove this Banner Ad

Back