Past #21: Dom Tyson aka 'Tom Dyson' - delisted end '21 - 6 NM games/1 NM goal - 113 AFL games - good luck DomTom

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully he can get up and running, our clearances are something we can certainly improve on.

Given our midfield competitiveness goes AWOL when Cunners gets tagged and LDU may still be a year or two off, just how much can this bloke, if fit, support the stoppage group? It will be intetesting to see if the club look to acquire another inside type or will look to get him and LDU up to speed.

Not holidaying with North players. Delist.
I know, right!?

Why isn’t he in Bali wearing teenage girl sunglasses, getting Aaron Hall & Jasper Pittard’s initials tattooed on his arse?!

I don’t recognise these guys. Are they former GWS or Melbourne players?

I know, right!?

Why isn’t he in Bali wearing teenage girl sunglasses, getting Aaron Hall & Jasper Pittard’s initials tattooed on his arse?!

Or (god forbid) friends he's retained from ... gasp.. before football?

They're probably the starting GWS midfield knowing my exposure to opposition games these days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know, right!?

Haha can't tell if this is sarcasm, but the guy next to him is Tom McDonald, isn't it?

I know, right!?

I don't even know which one this Tom Dyson guy is.

There's been an article up on the (admittedly paywalled) Hun website for the past 3 days and it's yet to be posted here.

I just get the feeling that our expectations for Dom around here are quite low (read: average). Does he simply fall into the "good depth" category because we have a lot of his type and the AFL has probably already seen him at his best?

There's been an article up on the (admittedly paywalled) Hun website for the past 3 days and it's yet to be posted here.

I just get the feeling that our expectations for Dom around here are quite low (read: average). Does he simply fall into the "good depth" category because we have a lot of his type and the AFL has probably already seen him at his best?
It's in today's paper.

Basically he is quoted as saying his first year was destroyed by multiple injuries but now he is about 90% right and will be 100% ready to go post xmas break.

Probably not much new stuff in it - new fresh approach under Shaw etc etc.

(The Hun article)

Dom Tyson can finally see the light.

After a frustrating debut season at North Melbourne, Tyson is confident his body will allow him to flourish in 2020.
Tyson’s 2019 campaign – his first at Arden St after crossing from Melbourne at the end of 2018 - was riddled with calf and then shoulder issues.

>

Dom Tyson played just three games in his first season for the Roos.

He managed just three senior games, but he believed 2020 would be a different story.
“I guess I just couldn’t get on top of my body at any stage (in 2019),” Tyson said.
“I couldn’t really put my hand up to play any consistent footy and I’ve finally sort of seen the light a little bit in terms of my body now.
“I’ve still got to remain pretty diligent; I’m sort of not fully out of the woods yet but I’m starting to make some inroads.”

Tyson said he should be in full training next month, with both his calf and shoulder on track.
“I ended up doing my left calf four times (during the 2019 season),” he said.
“I’d get close and I put my hand up to play late in the year and I actually dislocated my shoulder in a VFL game that required a full reconstruction.
“They’ve both been on a fairly similar recovery timeline, so they should be in a way 100 per cent post-Christmas.”

The 26-year-old, who has played 110 games in eight seasons, said he was currently taking part in “80 to 90 per cent of training.”
The biggest hurdle has been holding himself back.
“I’d get pulled from a couple of drills and I’m not sure if they’re pulling me for my shoulder or my calf,” Tyson laughed.
“I’m doing some contact on my shoulder and it’s just making sure that really intensity change of direction, they don’t want to expose me too much to that too early.

I was probably getting pulled from training at the start of this pre-season and I’d go: ‘gee I didn’t have much left in me.’
“I could feel my calf tighten up a little bit, but in the last month I’ve felt good and wanted to stay out there.
“They just want to respect the gradual incline of training intensity and volume, which is good because I’m responding well.”
The Kangaroos finished 12th in 2019, but were buoyed by a 7-5 win-loss record after Rhyce Shaw took over from Brad Scott in May.
Tyson said he felt there was a strong hunger in the group after not tasting September action since 2016.

“Guys are on their toes a little bit in a good way, and that probably comes with the fact there’s been a fair turnover in staff in the very important high position roles.
“This is only my second year here but there is a hunger in the group for sure.”
Shaw has been a feature on the track this summer, with the coach often joining his players during sessions.
Tyson joked his coach sometimes did not practice what he preached.
“He jumps in for a few drills and he sells candy and does some worm burner kicks,” Tyson laughed.
“He’s a man that preaches basics , but when he comes in for training he trains a bit like a rock star at times.
“But he’s been great and he comes in with a great energy and urgency, and he’s big on high standards.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back