Past #21: Dom Tyson aka 'Tom Dyson' - delisted end '21 - 6 NM games/1 NM goal - 113 AFL games - good luck DomTom

Remove this Banner Ad

I used the word incorrectly. I mean we carry his average foot skill because of all the good he does elsewhere. That’s fine if you have heaps of skilled mids but we don’t.
Jy averages a possession more than Judd at the same age and is currently going at the same DE that Judd averaged for his entire season. Jys foot skills aren’t keeping Dom out of the side.

There's a few folks around here who write off blokes unless it's obvious to the entire freakin' world that they're stars.

The same folks also have this notion that we should just go out and pick up 3 x Darren Jarman's.

His career stats are on a par with Dion Prestia and he's a football season younger that Prestia:

Tyson

View attachment 877079
View attachment 877077

Note the shizen DE% season that Dom had in 2017:

View attachment 877095

This is where the claims about his disposal grew legs. Otherwise, he has been comparable to most other AFL inside mids.

Prestia

View attachment 877083
View attachment 877081

I was speaking about Simpkin.

Tyson is a neat kick also.

In a world where we may end up playing games every 4/5 days, having a guy that is experienced, and adept at winning the ball and making sound decisions is going to be golden. We're not going to be able to play the "starting" midfield every week, so having depth like Dom is a fantastic luxury to have.

Unless he's an elite tagger, we really can't afford another mid in there who doesn't hurt the opposition with skills.

We already carry Anderson, Ziebell, Simpkin and Dumont in there.

Are you seriously saying we carry those playerscos they don't hurt the opposition with skill?

You should watch some more replays of last years games.

I already said I incorrectly used the word carry. None of those guys are elite by foot. They might top out as average.
Kicking isn't the only skill in the game, and none of those players are shithouse by foot either.

Someone GIF Jy Simpkin streaming out of the Centre square hitting up a leading forward like a laser on his opposite foot please

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People keep thinking we’re a good clearance team, we’re not. We honestly need about six more blokes who can rotate within a game.

And if we’re to go anywhere in the short season, Dom will have to play a part. Another hard body in the midfield to protect the kids coming thru is going to be worth it’s weight in gold.
Great call DR.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

People keep thinking we’re a good clearance team, we’re not. We honestly need about six more blokes who can rotate within a game.

And if we’re to go anywhere in the short season, Dom will have to play a part. Another hard body in the midfield to protect the kids coming thru is going to be worth it’s weight in gold.

I'd like to know how that stacks up against turnovers, loose ball gets and even turnovers from clearances and general contested footy.

Cos I think our reputation for clearances comes from that stuff more than actual clearances, tho Cunners gets a few.

I'd like to know how that stacks up against turnovers, loose ball gets and even turnovers from clearances and general contested footy.

Cos I think our reputation for clearances comes from that stuff more than actual clearances, tho Cunners gets a few.

Champion Data had us conceding the second most points from stoppages in 2019. Only team worse was Gold Coast. Most of the damage was done in the first 6 weeks.

We’ve also been very predictable under brad, Goldie tap to swallow and when he couldn’t do it anymore, Goldie taps to Cunnington.
We’ve honestly needed a better mix in there for the best part of 2 decades.

I also think we’ve finally got a bunch of kids coming through together who could be stars. Maybe sooner rather then later but I don’t think they’re physically ready for a full season yet so players like Dom, being a bit part player will be worth their weight in gold.

Last edited:
I was speaking about Simpkin.

Tyson is a neat kick also.

Hmmmmmm, nah.

As I said earlier in the thread, he's nice depth.

But there's a reason the Dees let him go.

Agreed; premiership teams don't have 22 to pick from, they have 28-30 - if Cunnington went down, Tyson would be the first picked

Ha also free's up Jack & Cunners to swing forward.

The only negative aspect is that his style may make us too one dimensional.

Agreed; premiership teams don't have 22 to pick from, they have 28-30 - if Cunnington went down, Tyson would be the first picked

For sure, and who knows, may well impress at training and find a spot in Round 2. Though I doubt it if no injuries.

He's certainly AFL quality at inside mid, we just have better options.

For sure, and who knows, may well impress at training and find a spot in Round 2. Though I doubt it if no injuries.

He's certainly AFL quality at inside mid, we just have better options.
If we decide to play a tagger as we did in the prelim years can see him play round 2

We’ve missed this role for the last couple of years

He’s currently training in the group with Goldy, Higgins, Tarryn, Simpkin, Cunners etc so hopefully building the synergy there This week before the whole group trains together next week

Remove this Banner Ad

Back