Past #21: Dom Tyson aka 'Tom Dyson' - delisted end '21 - 6 NM games/1 NM goal - 113 AFL games - good luck DomTom

Remove this Banner Ad

At three quarter time, commentators were saying he and Atley were playing off the HBF and were doing a woeful job.

honestly bizarro world stuff. I’ll have to look at the replay if he was shifted back after stints in the midfield or simply played back after McDonalds withdrawal.

At three quarter time, commentators were saying he and Atley were playing off the HBF and were doing a woeful job.

honestly bizarro world stuff. I’ll have to look at the replay if he was shifted back after stints in the midfield or simply played back after McDonalds withdrawal.

You can break the game up into quarters on the AFL app. This is Doms 4th quarter.
07628FBA-A0E1-4173-8F23-98EF56CB29E7.jpeg

From the ground it appeared he avoided body contact. I don't know that he was right. He looked tender in the shoulder area. Maybe he is trying to hide that from the coaching staff.

From the ground it appeared he avoided body contact. I don't know that he was right. He looked tender in the shoulder area. Maybe he is trying to hide that from the coaching staff.

Well, that's the most plausible explanation yet, as his lack of involvement in what was a crucial game for his career was puzzling.

He’s definitely not a winger. Don’t think we’ll see Dom again unless he starts tagging or (god forbid) injuries.
We cannot afford a centre square player who doesn't win a clearance; might be saved this week by injuries, but it will be last drinks at the end of the universe if he puts in another one like yesterday

I was trying to work out what they were doing with him. His heat map looks like wing. I went to the game and barely noticed him. Wing would make sense with 13 uncontested possessions.
View attachment 1083299

Stephenson played more as a centre mid, not wing
View attachment 1083302
The CBAs should be out now.
Guarantee you Polec and Mahony/Scott are the only ones who started on the wings.

I don't think he knows what he is at the moment. Started as a inside mid, lost that spot at Melbourne to better players, forced onto a wing then we pick him up and he's been injured for the best part of 2 seasons.
Fair enough, but when he's the senior player at a centre square alongside Jy and LDU, he has to find out what he is pretty quick smart. Any contribution from Tyson yesterday in the second quarter would have been a big help

Last edited:
Fair enough, but when he's the senior player at a centre square alongside Jy and LDU, he has find out what he is pretty quick smart. Any contribution from Tyson yesterday in the second quarter would have been a big help

Not defending his performance, from a veteran it was awful. He's not really an inside mid and he's not a winger. He just seems to link up getting dinky little possessions.

The CBAs should be out now.
Guarantee you Polec and Mahony/Scott are the only ones who started on the wings.

I must admit at the game I always pay too much attention to the mids at the CB, especially when I’m on level 1, which I was yesterday. One of the things I liked about yesterday was the rotating of players at the centre bounce. Used to annoy the s**t out of me when Scott was coaching that he rarely changed it up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I must admit at the game I always pay too much attention to the mids at the CB, especially when I’m on level 1, which I was yesterday. One of the things I liked about yesterday was the rotating of players at the centre bounce. Used to annoy the sh*t out of me when Scott was coaching that he rarely changed it up.
I’m fussy. I was dirty that Powell didn’t get thrown in there until after half time

I must admit at the game I always pay too much attention to the mids at the CB, especially when I’m on level 1, which I was yesterday. One of the things I liked about yesterday was the rotating of players at the centre bounce. Used to annoy the sh*t out of me when Scott was coaching that he rarely changed it up.
I like that aspect too - obviously part of the development approach to see TT, Stephenson etc go through the centre bounces; might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Powell had a turn too in the last qtr

He's straight out for Ando, if we have any luck with injuries he probably won't play another game for us.

Got his shot, deservedly so, but it's a travesty that he's had to actually start for us.
Its a shame.....even if Jed doesn't come up, I'd rather start Lazzaro.

both served it up on a silver platter to Port. I thought Atley looked really good around the contest but his disposal really is heartbreaking at times.

both served it up on a silver platter to Port. I thought Atley looked really good around the contest but his disposal really is heartbreaking at times.
We really needed Zuhaar and Thomas to work to create space up field or at least someone to change it up.
Because we’re very predictable default team, kicking long down the line, to forwards who struggle overhead.
Having Aliir first up doesn’t help. He was standing 20m off where they were kicking and still getting there to impact the contest.

Should have played Lazzaro anyway. Literally no upside to playing Tyson first round against Port, especially with a debutant good enough to get picked but spend 95% of the game on the bench.

Agree in hindsight, but Dom earned his game with his preseason performances. He was our best player against the Hawks. That has to be rewarded. I’m an advocate of picking a team on its merits.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back