Past #21: Dom Tyson aka 'Tom Dyson' - delisted end '21 - 6 NM games/1 NM goal - 113 AFL games - good luck DomTom

Underrated going by some comments

The bloke wins the hard ball, tackles well, links up well and plays only 70% game time

Foot skills underrated also, hits the leading forward lace out much better than a lot of others in our team

I’d point my finger at another half dozen or so before I get to this bloke

Yeah i'll bet we know whose top of the list too.

I don't perceive him as blocking Ahern, but if it was to boil down to a choice between them ...

Higgo is more of a block for Ahern, maybe LDU as well. Personally I'd have the three of them in there and rotate them thru the midfield HFF. Cunners as well.

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Higgo is more of a block for Ahern, maybe LDU as well. Personally I'd have the three of them in there and rotate them thru the midfield HFF. Cunners as well.
I think what the last few weeks has shown us is we still get run off our feet.
We need more people running thru the midfield not less.
There’s room for all of them.

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Looks like its going to end up being a 5-6 week Calf for Dom, Must have been a solid tear.

Interesting to see where he fits going forward, I don't think he is going to dislodge the likes of Cunners or Higgins out of the center square rotations while he won't replace Dumont or Polec on the wings.

Is he purely a depth player only? Where do people see him fitting in the future?

Aug 24, 2006
THE BIG V
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Roo4Life Member
Looks like its going to end up being a 5-6 week Calf for Dom, Must have been a solid tear.

Interesting to see where he fits going forward, I don't think he is going to dislodge the likes of Cunners or Higgins out of the center square rotations while he won't replace Dumont or Polec on the wings.

Is he purely a depth player only? Where do people see him fitting in the future?
Was always going to be a depth player - maybe a role off half back flank might suit him more

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Was always going to be a depth player - maybe a role off half back flank might suit him more

I don't think the club would have been thinking depth only considering he was in the best 22 at the start of the year.

I personally don't see him being suited to a half back role...we already have a number of guys back there who turn the footy over by foot which Dom is prone to doing that.

Aug 24, 2006
THE BIG V
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Roo4Life Member
I don't think the club would have been thinking depth only considering he was in the best 22 at the start of the year.

I personally don't see him being suited to a half back role...we already have a number of guys back there who turn the footy over by foot which Dom is prone to doing that.

He has a better disposal efficency than JOSH KELLY that we all prayed would come to us

Player Statistics Comparison

Name​

Team​

Midfield​

Position​

Midfield​

108​

Career Games​

Sandringham Dragons​

Origin​

Oakleigh Chargers​

February 12, 1995​

Date of Birth​

June 8, 1993​

24yr 3mth​

Age​

25yr 11mth​

184cm​

Height​

186cm

82kg​

Weight​

85kg

Last Drafted In​

Round 1, Pick #2​

Last Draft Position​

Round 1, Pick #3​

Last Drafted By​

2019​

Stats for Season​

2019​

Games​

3​

Kicks​

9.3​

Handballs​

12.0​

Disposals​

21.3​

4.5​

Marks​

Goals​

0.3​

Behinds​

0​

Tackles​

3.7​

0​

Hitouts​

0​

Inside 50s​

1.3​

Goal Assists​

0​

Frees For​

1.0​

0.5​

Frees Against​

Contested Possessions​

8.0​

Uncontested Possessions​

13.3​

Effective Disposals​

17.0​

73.4%​

Disposal Efficiency %​

79.8%

Nothing wrong with commerce degrees, mate :thumbsu:

In the very near future, we will have cheap and reliable algorithms to do the work of commerce degrees.

It will be beautiful.

Billy Not Really

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2018
Licking windows at the back of the bus.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Rounds One, Two and Three.
1539398830683.gif

Back