Past #21: Dom Tyson aka 'Tom Dyson' - delisted end '21 - 6 NM games/1 NM goal - 113 AFL games - good luck DomTom

Remove this Banner Ad

It is a tough one though because the list sizes are apparently going to shrink but so is the Salary cap.

Still think he should be let go in favour of a project youngster.

Oh I agree. Normal circumstances I'd keep and just cross fingers for depth, but these are special times so future more important imo

Last edited:
Dom can football no doubt about it, did we need him? No.

He's not quick by any stretch and we'd already cornered that market. Also with LDU, Bonar and most likely our first pick in coming draft being a mid, we need him even less.

Cunners, Anderson, Simpkin, LDU, Bonar and a few others we plan on introducing to the midfield rotations in coming seasons should see us competitive.

We got him because he was free and that's the truth. No one wanted Preuss, no one .

Anywho he's a great club man is our Dom and to think he's bought no value would be untrue. Is great for the younger guys. Also I believe he'll retire and walk away and not hold the club to ransom for a payout .
Just the type of dude he is.

A pity for sure. Oh you want to trade Cunners? well then keep Dom.

We got him because he was free and that's the truth. No one wanted Preuss, no one.

Excellent post - but I don't think that's as accurate as you claim Mr Acurate (plus Tyson wasn't "free"). We ballsed up that trade completely when had the upper hand.

Otherwise yeah spot on.

Excellent post - but I don't think that's as accurate as you claim Mr Acurate (plus Tyson wasn't "free"). We ballsed up that trade completely when had the upper hand.

Otherwise yeah spot on.

Mate we got a pick for Preuss and they threw in Tyson. I'm trying to move beyond my anger for Joyce who should be skinned alive, but it really wasn't his fault that he got to the position he held.

I reckon I could name 20 posters on here that would have done a better job the Joyce. There was no upper hand man as no other club had any interest in Preuss.

I think Ziebell is Joyce 😏

edit, Joyce landed the big gig working junior footy in Tassie, so surprised another AFL club didn't snap him up. The campaigner is useless.

In what way?

I believe we requested the wrong player we needed in return considering our list and what Demons paid.

I'm sure Dom is a top bloke, like Campbell, but they have taken spots that should have gone to others (imo).

I believe we requested the wrong player we needed in return considering our list.

I'm sure Dom is a top bloke, like Campbell, but they have taken spots that should have him gone to others (imo)

We were dumping Preuss, we weren't in a position to be choosy. So, you're being disingenuous by saying we had the upper hand. We didn't.

Who are the others that should have been given the spots?

We were dumping Preuss, we weren't in a position to be choosy. So, you're being disingenuous by saying we had the upper hand. We didn't.

Who are the others that should have been given the spots?

Not how I remember it. Preuss wanted out as not enough opportunity etc - he opted out not us. Still contracted?

So yes we did have the upper hand on a contracted player wanting out.

I have no idea on who else as I don't follow the Demons, but not a slow, poorly skilled inside mid was what we needed.

Not how I remember it. Preuss wanted out as not enough opportunity etc - he opted out not us. Still contracted?

So yes we did have the upper hand on a contracted player wanting out.

I have no idea on who else as I don't follow the Demons, but not a slow, poorly skilled inside mid was what we needed.

You've always been very poor at recognising the people on this board who actually know facts. You've even argued against one of them today (not me).

Preuss was unwanted at North. If you know any club insiders, ask them and they will confirm it.

You've always been very poor at recognising the people on this board who actually know facts. You've even argued against one of them today (not me).

Preuss was unwanted at North. If you know any club insiders, ask them and they will confirm it.

Thanks mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate we got a pick for Preuss and they threw in Tyson. I'm trying to move beyond my anger for Joyce who should be skinned alive, but it really wasn't his fault that he got to the position he held.

I reckon I could name 20 posters on here that would have done a better job the Joyce. There was no upper hand man as no other club had any interest in Preuss.

I think Ziebell is Joyce

edit, Joyce landed the big gig working junior footy in Tassie, so surprised another AFL club didn't snap him up. The campaigner is useless.
Lol tell us what you really think next time.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

He’s got another year, no?

All of those contracts were shockers to be fair.

We've replaced a bloke who was contracted longer than needed with another bloke contracted longer than needed. But of which weren't playing seniors. But this way we've extended it out 2 further years.

Remind me again why it was so urgent to get rid of Preuss?

We've replaced a bloke who was contracted longer than needed with another bloke contracted longer than needed. But of which weren't playing seniors. But this way we've extended it out 2 further years.

Remind me again why it was so urgent to get rid of Preuss?

Your complete ignorance of Tyson's injury issues is disingenuous and it undermines your basic premise.

Your complete ignorance of Tyson's injury issues is disingenuous and it undermines your basic premise.
Snake I am well aware of his issues.

My premise is, and was at the time, that he was a type that we should not be chasing as he didn't offer anything that we didn't already have in spades. His injuries have nothing to do with it.

Preuss, whilst no world-beater, had one year to go. I would have taken that over 3 years of Tyson.

My premise is, and was at the time, that he was a type that we should not be chasing as he didn't offer anything that we didn't already have in spades. His injuries have nothing to do with it.

If you are being fair, then you know this is not the case once Cunnington went down.

Dom is not going to win a Brownlow Medal, but he's a better than average clearance player.

I think Ziebell is Joyce 😏

Useless or not, Joyce was inexperienced. Like his coach and virtually everyone else in the joint at the time. And boy didn't it show.

There's a bloke running around who's 68 and who is, let's just say, on the better side of 100 kegs. A bloke who was up to his menacing eyeballs in the rebuild and premiership success of no less than three clubs.

He's fierce, he's ruthless, he has a ridiculous eye for talent and reputedly the most astute football mind of his generation.

Oh yeah, just one other little detail, he's also available.

Please tell me that comrade Buckley is putting in a call?

Pretty, on my knees, please.

What was Preuss' issue? He was never going to be a great footballer but had enough going for him, so I assume it wasn't a skill/potential issue.

What was Preuss' issue? He was never going to be a great footballer but had enough going for him, so I assume it wasn't a skill/potential issue.

My hunch is that the entire trade situation revolved around Melbourne's 4 year offer to Preuss and focus with their younger mids.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back