Past #21: Dom Tyson aka 'Tom Dyson' - delisted end '21 - 6 NM games/1 NM goal - 113 AFL games - good luck DomTom

Just think we didn't need anymore mids, slow ones anyway. Ahern cannot get a game currently. Zurhaar has made it known he wants to be an inside beast. Dom's a good footballer just not a current need.

Mate, you've come full circle on this.

Weeks ago you said it didn't matter who we got because Preuss was OUT. Surely the recruiters' hands were tied to an extent?

Anyway, a depth midfielder/flanker adds more strings to the bow than a depth ruckman who made himself unpopular. IMO.

Orange Peanut

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 6, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I wanted us to get Dom last year when Ch7 put up a stat that something in the order of 88% of our centre clearances were won when Cunnington was in the middle. Tyson seemed the perfect bloke to play that role when Cunners was resting so we didn't just concede the ball.
At the end of the day though, he cost us Clarke and Preuss. And while they might not have been important ongoing pieces of our puzzle, you have to concede that at this stage, we didn't win the trade.

Orange Peanut

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 6, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yeah I'm real heartbroken at losing ******* Clarke.

Preuss isn't even getting games at Melbourne.

And yet we're gonna cry as if we lost this trade. Please, spare me.
Calm down Billy nobody's crying bro.

Fact is, Clarke played all season then we got half of Dom Tyson for him.

I'm not saying we should have kept him, or Preuss. I'm just saying that trade is looking like a bust.

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Fact is, Clarke played all season then we got half of Dom Tyson for him.

I'm not saying we should have kept him, or Preuss. I'm just saying that trade is looking like a bust.

The fact that Clarke played all season showed how inept Scott was at the selection table. Clarke was probably the softest player on our list, made average decisions and had really poor execution. He was a turnover merchant. He had a big tank which means he got to a lot of ball but that doesn't mean much if you consistently give it back.

Tyson hasn't had the best of starts with us but I would back him to be a better player than Clarke.

the flying ham

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Fact is, Clarke played all season Bolton gone 1w got half of Dom Bolton goneBolton gone for him.

Can't possibly be a bust. Clarke will probably get dropped again this week and preuss can't get a game on 500k a year.

Tyson gets fit, another able body who can chop out Cunnington.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

https://m.nmfc.com.au/news/2019-06-06/tyson-nears-return

Inside midfielder Dom Tyson is working hard to get over the calf problem that has plagued him for much of the season.

Tyson says he was too impatient in trying to come back from his last calf strain, resulting in a more serious injury, but has learnt his lesson.

“It’s a balance between pushing to get back quickly but also respecting the injury,” Tyson told North Media.

“I just wanted to get out and play, but my calf wasn’t agreeing with me.”

According to Tyson, his injury rehab plan is the key to putting persisting calf problems behind him.

“I’ve been building up strength through my feet, ankles and quads,” he said.

“Hopefully I’m over the hill and don’t have any more niggles. It’s been a really good recovery.”

Tyson believes he should be cleared to play after the bye.

“There’s no doubt I’ll come back through the VFL, obviously I have to get myself feeling sharp,” he said.

“Hopefully I’ll finish the season full of legs and be knocking the door down for senior selection.”

Despite only coming to the club at the start of this season, Tyson has praised Jack Ziebell’s influence ahead of his 200th game.

“He has a huge impact on the group both by the way he plays and how he carries himself from Monday to Friday,” Tyson said.

“The respect for him amongst the playing group is huge.”

Jul 11, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
https://m.nmfc.com.au/news/2019-06-06/tyson-nears-return

Inside midfielder Dom Tyson is working hard to get over the calf problem that has plagued him for much of the season.

Tyson says he was too impatient in trying to come back from his last calf strain, resulting in a more serious injury, but has learnt his lesson.

“It’s a balance between pushing to get back quickly but also respecting the injury,” Tyson told North Media.

“I just wanted to get out and play, but my calf wasn’t agreeing with me.”

According to Tyson, his injury rehab plan is the key to putting persisting calf problems behind him.

“I’ve been building up strength through my feet, ankles and quads,” he said.

“Hopefully I’m over the hill and don’t have any more niggles. It’s been a really good recovery.”

Tyson believes he should be cleared to play after the bye.

“There’s no doubt I’ll come back through the VFL, obviously I have to get myself feeling sharp,” he said.

“Hopefully I’ll finish the season full of legs and be knocking the door down for senior selection.”

Despite only coming to the club at the start of this season, Tyson has praised Jack Ziebell’s influence ahead of his 200th game.

“He has a huge impact on the group both by the way he plays and how he carries himself from Monday to Friday,” Tyson said.

“The respect for him amongst the playing group is huge.”
He sounds like an absolute professional. Hope he can settle into a role on his return

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Mate, you've come full circle on this.

Weeks ago you said it didn't matter who we got because Preuss was OUT. Surely the recruiters' hands were tied to an extent?

Anyway, a depth midfielder/flanker adds more strings to the bow than a depth ruckman who made himself unpopular. IMO.

fair point I was trying to convince myself that it was a great outcome, it just isn't. Regardless of our views on Preuss we do not need Tyson. And tbh I'm gutted for Dom he'd be captain coach at Carlton and his professionalism wouldn't go astray either.

Again it doesn't matter I disliked Scoot and I dislike Barnaby aka Joyce. Won't be long and I'll have no one to moan about at out great club.

Funny thing now we've a new leader and it's been a few days, the dust has settled......... Scott isn't quite as awesome as he once was. Just sayin.

Back