Last edited by a moderator:
Crichton Medal 2012 - Second Place

Dwight Schrute

Club Legend
Apr 3, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Well done Dyson, second place in the Crichton Medal. For a guy that apparently stagnated according to a few people that is pretty good, I for one think he improved if anything. The future is looking good, nice transition into the midfield this year and will only get better.

When he heard that most new players have some sort of second year blues, he took that to mean he could only finish second in the Best and Fairest.

Great effort, although helped that he was fairly durable where others were not.

Macca18

EFC
Jul 6, 2009
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Second place in the Crichton Medal...

But yeah, still soft and overrated...

Zaharakis finished 6th despite missing like 10 games... LOL. But yeah apparently he isn't very good either.

Wins AFLCA Best Young Player 2012
- Second in club Best & Fairest
- 1st in ALFCA Rising Star

- Worst on BigFooty, ever! Shorsteppell lulz ATLEY! ATLEY! guys? LOOK AT US! ATLEY

Hard to know who to believe.

Tipping the Syd Barker will go to Harvey or Rawlings. Weight of numbers.

In all seriousness though, it's a shame they're such flogs. I like Atley, will be a fine operator of the football game.

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
- Second in club Best & Fairest
- 1st in ALFCA Rising Star

- Worst on BigFooty, ever! Shorsteppell lulz ATLEY! ATLEY! guys? LOOK AT US! ATLEY

Hard to know who to believe.

To be fair, you’re completely ignoring Atley’s achievements.

He did make the final of the GF sprint.

In all seriousness though, it's a shame they're such flogs. I like Atley, will be a fine operator of the football game.
Same here.

I don't mind North's list; in fact, I've been pretty big on it for a while, stating that their midfield and flank strength, combined with Scott's coaching, would have them challenging around 2014.

Love watching Harper, too.

But yeah, you log on here and remember how, if given the opportunity, you'd love to smack around most of their posters.

Same here.

I don't mind North's list; in fact, I've been pretty big on it for a while, stating that their midfield and flank strength, combined with Scott's coaching, would have them challenging around 2014.

Love watching Harper, too.

But yeah, you log on here and remember how, if given the opportunity, you'd love to smack around most of their posters.
I don't see how Scott is that good. Prefer Longmire, Lyon, Worsfold, Clarkson, Malthouse, C Scott, Hird and even Hardwick. He's got a seriously talented list, had no major injuries this year, a dream draw and just scraped into the 8, essentially making up the numbers.

And their defence is bog average. No real height, and only a couple of players who are quick across the turf in Wright and Atley, who is apparently going into the midfield next year.

Could be a better side if they get Gillies from the cats when they trade McIntosh there

I don't know how we can conclusively say that B Scott is better than C Scott. The context of what both inherited is very important.

It's a bit like people saying "hurr durr Port Adelaide passed over Chris Scott" - No s**t, but there are no guarantees that Scott would have done dramatically better than Primus.

I don't know how we can conclusively say that B Scott is better than C Scott. The context of what both inherited is very important.

It's a bit like people saying "hurr durr Port Adelaide passed over Chris Scott" - No s**t, but there are no guarantees that Scott would have done dramatically better than Primus.
Yeah, I guess that's true. I still rate Chris higher, he actually used Geelong's talent better than Brad does North's

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 15, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
Norths list is overrated, not enough depth and too many holes at the moment and it got found out very late in the season.

They are in a pretty similar position to us except i see our backline and forward line much stronger in the future.

Anyway back to Heppell, big achievement to have come second. His year was actually very good and very consistent when he went into the midfield. I dont think hes an elite endurance runner yet is he? so hes not likely to rack up the 25-30 possession avg yet. Hes very creative and impacting with ball in hand, needs to add more offensive skills to his game.

I think he could potentially be learning off his master next year in Goddard. I think he was compared to him a little before the draft and will be interesting to see how Goddard coming in impacts his position. I think it was pretty clear that the club wants to get him in the midfield/onball division so i see that continuing next year.

Ive said it before but id like to see more attack. Id like to see him as a high half forward who rotates into an onball position hopefully he kicks 15~ goals next year would add another bow to his already great game.

As soon as I saw Hep come second in the Crichton, I knew people would bring up Norf and Atley.

CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG

bombermick

Norm Smith Medallist
May 28, 2009
Vermont South
AFL Club
Essendon
He had a consistent year, but I still feel he was better in his debut year, not having to play in the midfield.

Still 2nd in the B and F, regardless of injuries to others, is super impressive.

SirJimi05

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Dec 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool fc
Where are all the Essendon posters that were bagging out Heppell's form this year? I was scoffed at when I said he was in the best form of his short career.

Where are all the Essendon posters that were bagging out Heppell's form this year? I was scoffed at when I said he was in the best form of his short career.

SJ

Not many had Heppell coming 2nd - Like not many had Zaharakis winning in 2011.

My experience is that there is always a surprise in the Top 4 in the B and F.

Hocking came 2nd in 2010 - It happens.

SirJimi05

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Dec 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool fc
SJ

Not many had Heppell coming 2nd - Like not many had Zaharakis winning in 2011.

My experience is that there is always a surprise in the Top 4 in the B and F.

Hocking came 2nd in 2010 - It happens.

What's your point and what does it have to do with my post?

rines

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Sep 28, 2007
AFL Club
Essendon
I think we are arguing with air atm. Heppell is a gun, will be an out and out champion if he stays on the park. Truly special player, no worries and still 12 years more to watch him grow and develop.

Clearly the best young player in the league Bar None.

Aug 15, 2009
Donaldsons Dairy
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Chelsea
I think we are arguing with air atm. Heppell is a gun, will be an out and out champion if he stays on the park. Truly special player, no worries and still 12 years more to watch him grow and develop.

Clearly the best young player in the league Bar None.
I rate Harley Bennel a touch higher.

Garcia

Draftee
Sep 5, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
I rate Harley Bennel a touch higher.

Harley Bennel is on a completely different tier to heppel. heppel has some work to do to reach bennel with particular emphasis on bringing his right side into the game more (becoming to predictable with the left)and also his endurance/ speed in my opinion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back