AFL Player #21: Dyson Heppell aka Farnsy

Remove this Banner Ad

What wasn't asked on the hangar last night, and I would like to know, is the chance of re-injury down the track?

What wasn't asked on the hangar last night, and I would like to know, is the chance of re-injury down the track?

Id say it was asked off camera but they wouldn't want to talk about the chances of it happening again.

My guess would be that that particular bone will always be susceptible to further injury or stress fractures.

Id say it was asked off camera but they wouldn't want to talk about the chances of it happening again.

My guess would be that that particular bone will always be susceptible to further injury or stress fractures.

Yeah, that's the huge worry

This kid is prodigious, every award for someone his age, he wins it. He won the U18 'brownlow equivalent' didn't he?

This kid is prodigious, every award for someone his age, he wins it. He won the U18 'brownlow equivalent' didn't he?

Norm Smith equivalent in the TAC iirc. Best first year player, best young player last year, rising star, what else?

Norm Smith equivalent in the TAC iirc. Best first year player, best young player last year, rising star, what else?
Heppell so far:

Honours 2010
Gippsland's captain for the 2010 season
Gippsland Powers Best and Fairest Award.
U18 All-Australian
Morrish Medal (best and fairest player in the TAC Cup regular season)
AFL U18's VIC Country MVP
TAC Cup TOTY

Honours 2011
Nab Rising star winner (polling 44 of a possible 45 votes )
AFL Players' Association's best 1st year player
7th in Crichton medal

Honours 2012
AFL Coaches Association's best young player
2nd in Crichton medal

No rewards for his hair style, unfortunately.

Another amazing effort from Dyson in a terrible year.

Seriously, very happy we landed him in 2010. He has the freakish talent of turning a game around by himself. It's the sort of rare talent people like Hirdy possessed, and Heppell has it too. Look at the Carlton game in round 11. We were down by 5 odd goals and were being destroyed. Enter Heppell, who was everywhere in the second half, helped us back into the game. Tank supporters all around me at that game were saying "Who the * is on Heppell?", "Oh my ******* god, Heppell again!".

It's all you need to know. The kid is freakishly talented, will definitely be a Brownlow winner someday

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, I'd like to see the full side as well.

22under22 Team
Back: B. Ellis (Rich), R. Thompson (Gold Coast), D. Talia (Adel)
Half Back: S. Sidebottom (Coll), J. Carlisle (Ess), T. McKenzie (Gold Coast)
Centre: N. Fyfe (Fre), D. Heppell (Ess), D. Hannebery (Syd)
Half Forrward: D. Martin (Rich), J. Darling (West Coast), C. Wingard (Port)
Forward: L. Bruest (Haw), J. Cameron (GWS), S. Motlop (Geel)
Followers: T. Nicholls (Gold Coast), J. O’Meara (GC), T. Liberatore (WB)
Int: A. Mullett (NM), D. Prestia (GC), J. Ziebell (NM), M. Walters (Fre).
http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2013-09-10/heppell-leagues-best-young-leader

That centre line is pretty ominous.

Not to mention the fact that it didn't have Harley Bennell, Lachie Whitfield, Brad Crouch among others...

That 22U22 team looks more balanced than most AA teams nowadays. Massive talent in there. Good work getting the 'C' Hepp!

If the AFL want to do away with SOO, then an All Star game of some sort (based on AA selection?) would be great. Pay the players big $ and hype it up. Everybody who loves footy would love seeing the best of the best.

22under22 Team
Back: B. Ellis (Rich), R. Thompson (Gold Coast), D. Talia (Adel)
Half Back: S. Sidebottom (Coll), J. Carlisle (Ess), T. McKenzie (Gold Coast)
Centre: N. Fyfe (Fre), D. Heppell (Ess), D. Hannebery (Syd)
Half Forrward: D. Martin (Rich), J. Darling (West Coast), C. Wingard (Port)
Forward: L. Bruest (Haw), J. Cameron (GWS), S. Motlop (Geel)
Followers: T. Nicholls (Gold Coast), J. O’Meara (GC), T. Liberatore (WB)
Int: A. Mullett (NM), D. Prestia (GC), J. Ziebell (NM), M. Walters (Fre).
http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2013-09-10/heppell-leagues-best-young-leader

Hmmm, Atley must be too old...;)

The only exception being if it involves the words 'mouthed the word Atley three times....'

Laughing rocks :thumbsu:

I hear if you mouth it 5 times he streams through the middle of etihad stadium and turns it over

The Atley/Heppell thing is so facile. We picked the better player with the earlier pick, they got a very good player too. It's just so boring.
spot on. Nothing wrong with Atley, he's a good player. Pisses me off no end when North posters do the same thing with Heppell in Atley threads. Get over it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back