21 - heppell.jpg

Contract Status: Unrestricted Free Agent 2024
My Boy Draft 2024: Pick 27, Highly Evolved

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
Damned if you do, damned if you don't I guess.

For sure, a bit of this.

I just worry a bit about our communication though. It just feels so read. If you’re going to do something like this, the first thing you do is go to Dyson, say this is why we’re doing, and if he’s on board... get him to write it. Then from there you can work with him on it if stuff needs adding/taking out from a club point of view. At least that way things have a sense of authenticity, it’s at least partly come from him.

This seems like it’s just a script jammed in front of him... I dunno. Maybe I’m wrong.

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
the LEARNINGS from this message are immense!!!

Dyson - no offence

We demand SUCCESS....not excuses....messages......thanks......pledges.....promises

We need ACTION on the field .....not words!
I’ve been demanding success but not in capitals.

For sure, a bit of this.

I just worry a bit about our communication though. It just feels so read. If you’re going to do something like this, the first thing you do is go to Dyson, say this is why we’re doing, and if he’s on board... get him to write it. Then from there you can work with him on it if stuff needs adding/taking out from a club point of view. At least that way things have a sense of authenticity, it’s at least partly come from him.

This seems like it’s just a script jammed in front of him... I dunno. Maybe I’m wrong.
I don’t think he disagrees with the sentiment but it didn’t sound like his words apart from “hi gang” at the start. Needed more cherry ripes and she’ll be rights.

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
Can you contact the club and offer your editing services?

I'm thinking if we pair all the behind the scenes EFC footage, with your MAFS editing skills, we could really go places.
We would win 17 easily

Squeaky

Club Legend
Oct 4, 2005
Up north
AFL Club
Essendon
Words - we've heard them all.
We're still here listening - and one wonders why when quite often the effort and actions on the field are not befitting an AFL club.
Particularly one that has rolled out these same platitudes before!
Get real!

Aug 23, 2010
Information Superhighway
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Exers, Gryffindor, Rich+Ess AFLW, Tassie
For the past 5 and a bit years, I've often felt like Essendon's board on this website is the worst section of the world wide web.

Yes, we're frustrated.
No, we can't improve the game plan.

We can, however, demand that Dice and the crew take their footy and their games seriously and tell us how genuinely hurt they are.

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
I don't know and I don't care.

I haven't cared enough about the players enough to believe in them yet I feel insane just watching the same crap and expecting different results.

Word dump, don't care.

Dyson's a good speaker.

Just tell him he can do without teleprompters.

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
Echoing my sentiments from earlier in the year but Dyson will be our most important player being on the park in 2021.

His leadership, his ability to actually football, his ability to sacrifice his game for the betterment of the team cannot be understated either.

I wouldn't mind him moving to half back, provide some leadership and direction from behind the ball but his size and body would be super beneficial to our small midfield brigaide would be great as well.

Can we clone him and bring in two Dyson's for 2021?

Oct 22, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Essendon
Big tick for Dyson as the leader of the club from BJ on the ABC talk back. Said he is really important in t terms of empathy and isn't an excuse based athlete.

Good to hear and hopefully the captaincy is one area we have locked down for next season.
Did BJ ring up for the quiz?

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Never thought that I'd say this but I think Heppell's future role is as the seventh defender.

It gets him out of the midfield and provides some experience, leadership, etc at half back where we might otherwise be a bit light. While he doesn't provide the run of Houli we could then look at someone like Markov or Hunt to provide that run and develop some players for the future (e.g. Mc Quillan).

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
Never thought that I'd say this but I think Heppell's future role is as the seventh defender.

It gets him out of the midfield and provides some experience, leadership, etc at half back where we might otherwise be a bit light. While he doesn't provide the run of Houli we could then look at someone like Markov or Hunt to provide that run and develop some players for the future (e.g. Mc Quillan).

I floated the idea earlier in the year and I think it was ant555 that gave a reasonable indication of how Dyson will go into the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FlyingV

Club Legend
Aug 16, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Can’t Hepp but think that at another club that’s the role he would have played from day one.... to a multi AA level

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Can’t Hepp but think that at another club that’s the role he would have played from day one.... to a multi AA level

Naah, he's was always a midfielder.

His first year wasn't that good anyway, it's not that hard to float around at half back without an opponent. His second year won few plaudits but he went into the midfield and played adult footy. It was a much better year.

McGrath was destroying the leagues best small forwards and still rebounding. That was a remarkable first year.

FlyingV

Club Legend
Aug 16, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Naah, he's was always a midfielder.

His first year wasn't that good anyway, it's not that hard to float around at half back without an opponent. His second year won few plaudits but he went into the midfield and played adult footy. It was a much better year.

McGrath was destroying the leagues best small forwards and still rebounding. That was a remarkable first year.
Yeah but he’s good at floating. Hepp would be a top 5 floater.

Don35

Team Captain
Aug 21, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Will be a potential aa in a side that doing well. Or a c - d in a side that’s going pox.

Aug 15, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
12 weeks away? The senior boys go back in 8 weeks
Pre season games traditionally start 2nd wk of Feb. Im not sure if that will change. Maybe it needs to but is their announcement? I wouldve thought the year might even start earlier than usual next year as the decision will likely be made at the time of the country being in a strong position with CV

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Pre season games traditionally start 2nd wk of Feb. Im not sure if that will change. Maybe it needs to but is their announcement? I wouldve thought the year might even start earlier than usual next year as the decision will likely be made at the time of the country being in a strong position with CV
It will definitely be later next year, they aren’t going to start the community series with the list only having 4 weeks of pre season.

Back