AFL Player #21: Dyson Heppell aka Farnsy

Remove this Banner Ad

I will dismiss it. Too slow.

No slower than Jarrad McVeigh or Matthew Boyd were when they won flags there.

Marking target on the wing is his go now I reckon.

Should probably get a chance in the middle as well just to see whether he can still offer something in there.

He's quick enough. Can't be any slower than BZT, Hooker or Francis.

Which world is he quick in ? Have always been a fan but speed has never been his thing and that is going way back to his under 18 days.

No slower than Jarrad McVeigh or Matthew Boyd were when they won flags there.

I suppose you have missed the fact opposition clubs tend to play blokes to run off him. I have no knock on him other than his weakness is he is slow and he has not got any quicker. Playing him at half back is not going to help us. He plays midfield or they use his marking ability to play forward.

I suppose you have missed the fact opposition clubs tend to play blokes to run off him. I have no knock on him other than his weakness is he is slow and he has not got any quicker. Playing him at half back is not going to help us. He plays midfield or they use his marking ability to play forward.

Sure, but no slower than two premiership winners who played there. Get enough pressure on the ball and the damage is better mitigated than allowing the opposition plus one to start from the midfield spread.

I'd have moved him out if we got Dunkley, but I'd start him in the middle and see how he goes. He was a proven ball winner prior to his injuries. If he struggles, then we move him onto a wing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rutten said he has had a conversation with Heppell about potentially spending some time down back to bring some leadership and his ball use to that area with Saad gone (among other things). Doesn’t sound like a full time position change though.
Heppell's ball use? Things are going to get worse before they get better aren't they?

There is absolutely no need for Heppell to play defence.

There is absolutely a need to have him in the midfield where our average height without him there is around the 182 cm mark.
No, the absolute need is getting our next gen of mids more midfield time.
Highly unlikely Heppell will be part of our next premiership team.

I'm going back a while, but when played off the HBF wasn't he quite a decent ball user?

People want precision out of defence when I feel his decision making makes him a better than average user of the ball and an adequate option there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back