Player Watch #21 Errol Gulden - born to play

Remove this Banner Ad

Gulden.jpg

Errol Gulden
[Player Profile TBA]

Last edited by a moderator:
Da fack. I thought he had already re-signed. I'm wayyyy too complacent about these academy players :tearsofjoy:

Methinks we're in for a fun decade-plus of watching Errol. He'll be one of those guys who is putting in unreal performances like he's been around forever, and we'll say, "How is he still only 25?!" and then when he announces his retirement at the end of his career, we'll be saying, "How has it been 16 years already?!" because it will have been that much fun.

Da fack. I thought he had already re-signed. I'm wayyyy too complacent about these academy players :tearsofjoy:

Methinks we're in for a fun decade-plus of watching Errol. He'll be one of those guys who is putting in unreal performances like he's been around forever, and we'll say, "How is he still only 25?!" and then when he announces his retirement at the end of his career, we'll be saying, "How has it been 16 years already?!" because it will have been that much fun.

He has already provided us with a lot of fun and chuckles. He also has future leader presence on the ground.

I just really hope he wins a couple of premierships and a couple of Brownlows to stick it up the pundits who said he was too small.

I just really hope he wins a couple of premierships and a couple of Brownlows to stick it up the pundits who said he was too small.

Tbh I can't see a single Swan even coming close to a Brownlow in the future, as there will just be way too many taking votes off each other. It will be the same case with All Australians etc.

Luckily, after many years of Swans-related snubs where individual accolades are concerned, I couldn't give a shite who wins such prizes. The only prize that matters is a premiership medal, and I reckon Errol will end up with a few of those.

Tbh I can't see a single Swan even coming close to a Brownlow in the future, as there will just be way too many taking votes off each other. It will be the same case with All Australians etc.

Luckily, after many years of Swans-related snubs where individual accolades are concerned, I couldn't give a sh*te who wins such prizes. The only prize that matters is a premiership medal, and I reckon Errol will end up with a few of those.

He would be a good get for Norm Smith ;)

The usually reserved Longmire was effusive in his praise for the left-footer.

"His work rate and attention to detail is second to none," Longmire told AFL.com.au.

"It's well beyond his years.

"He's first in to review meetings, I'm talking straight after training.

"He works so hard at his craft and he comes off the training tack and into the line coaches and he's the first in their office to ask how he can get better."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This guy is such a smart natural footballer.

Watching the replay of the GWS practice game there were at least 4 occasions when he was involved in an aerial contest with a taller opponent and not once did the opponent take a mark or win the contest.

Only once did Errol leave the ground to punch the ball away.
In the other contests he used his body to out position the GWS player, taking the opponent either under or away from the ball.

I was a big fan of Gulden's prior to the draft and my admiration of him keeps growing.
To think he is only entering his second season of senior football, you know there is even further development ahead. :thumbsupv1:

the other swans players who arent as exciting to watch......
Oh Errol i would give anything just to be like him
hqdefault.jpg

What's funny is it seems in everyone's head Gulden was top 10 pick for the Swans.

The fact it was #32 has been completely erased from memory.
People often forget that it was Mitch Wallis, not Tom Liberatore, that was the Bulldogs' top father/son pick. Liberatore went past him in a hurry and stayed there

Remove this Banner Ad

Back