Player Watch #21 Errol Gulden - born to play

Remove this Banner Ad

Gulden.jpg

Errol Gulden
[Player Profile TBA]

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we really miss gulden, he's been amazing for us and I think he's already an important player for our ball movement.

This kid as close to a sure thing as you can get imo. Think he'll be a star over the next 12 years and will be considered a swans great when he's done.
Why the hesitancy? Think = know

Was great in the win against West coast, makes us a much more dynamic and dangerous team... can't wait to have warner back in the side... both together give us greater offensive drive

Gulden is such a good decision maker. When he has the ball in hand I think "he is going to pull this off" whereas if the ball is in the hand of Florent I think "please kick it to a Swan"

Longmire must have been smiling throughout the entire draft period knowing he was getting an absolute steal in Gulden.

I hadn't seen anything of him prior to his debut game, the general consensus was that he was seen as the steak knives in the swans academy package with Braeden Campbell (I'm sure some supporters had better knowledge) but geez, from game one he has played like a composed 200-gamer... his decision making is elite already.

People talked about Logan McDonald being a steal at pick 4... but getting Gulden at pick 32 was the equivalent of horse driving a VW through the reserve bank, emptying the vault, flogging a couple of printing presses, then yanking a pen off the chain on his way out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gulden is such a good decision maker. When he has the ball in hand I think "he is going to pull this off" whereas if the ball is in the hand of Florent I think "please kick it to a Swan"

Florent should be starting to shred that reputation now. He is not always perfect but his kicking has improved markedly particularly inside 50.

Going at 74%de this year vs 58%, 67%, 65%, 68%.

Florent should be starting to shred that reputation now. He is not always perfect but his kicking has improved markedly particularly inside 50.

Going at 74%de this year vs 58%, 67%, 65%, 68%.

I like Florent a lot, but I have a strong memory of him two days ago hoofing the ball into the forward 50 and it going straight to a West Coast player without a Swan in sight.

It isn't fair as it is just one play, but because I am looking for a bad kick from Florent it means when it happens I notice it more.

I like Florent a lot, but I have a strong memory of him two days ago hoofing the ball into the forward 50 and it going straight to a West Coast player without a Swan in sight.

It isn't fair as it is just one play, but because I am looking for a bad kick from Florent it means when it happens I notice it more.

you're right, that's not fair ... what about when he had the ball on the near side centre wing in the second quarter, stepped inside or around two players while looking upfield, couldn't see an option so turned and launched a perfect long ball across the centre to lloyd that ended up being the play that opened up what ended in our first goal of the second quarter a couple of minutes later ...
florent doesn't always get it right, what player does? but he is a class player and crucial to the future of this playing group
he does far more right than wrong

you're right, that's not fair ... what about when he had the ball on the near side centre wing in the second quarter, stepped inside or around two players while looking upfield, couldn't see an option so turned and launched a perfect long ball across the centre to lloyd that ended up being the play that opened up what ended in our first goal of the second quarter a couple of minutes later ...
florent doesn't always get it right, what player does? but he is a class player and crucial to the future of this playing group
he does far more right than wrong

Or the ball he put to Hayward’s advantage midway through the first quarter.

Maybe it’s just my mind that tends to remember the good things rather than dwell on the dodgy kick or two.

I just find it funny that those get ignored by some players but others get highlighted ad nauseam.

Or the ball he put to Hayward’s advantage midway through the first quarter.

Maybe it’s just my mind that tends to remember the good things rather than dwell on the dodgy kick or two.

I just find it funny that those get ignored by some players but others get highlighted ad nauseam.

yep, you're right ...
to me, florent was a slow but steady improver in an ordinary side until this season, now he's showing genuine silk in a rapidly improving team
he will be a key player in our next premiership team ... which, as i keep saying, is THIS team, it's just a matter of when

Last edited:
Loved the passage of play where he faked to buddy but then kicked long to a better option in our fwd 50.

It was a wonderful universe stood still moment of great play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back