[Player Profile TBA]

Last edited by a moderator:

GoTheSwannies

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 5, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Absolute gun, been on the bandwagon since game 1 (haven't we all?).

The way he played in his first final was as good as you could have hoped for. Wasnt at all overawed by the occasion. That little spin move was classy as well.

Amazing to think a rookie in his first final, and still fills fans with confidence when the ball is in his hands. Will be an absolute star for us for years to come.

He has 300 gamer written all over him.

Like Goodes and Buddy, Errol has the super skills and the immense FootyIQ to match.

There was an interview with Errol and a mate of his (from the Academy who we did not pick up) where Errol just showed what a footy nuffie he was.

Buddy annoys the bejesus out of the recruiters on draft issues because he is so obsessional. Buddy is in his 30s and is a generational player. I can see Errol in his early 20s bugging the recruiters!

the hypnotoad

Premiership Player
Mar 7, 2021
AFL Club
Sydney
Out of all our young guys he seems, to me, to be the one that screams leadership.

Most of the others are certainly confident in their abilities and willingness for the contest but Errol just looks like a talker, an organiser, a guy who seeks responsibility.

Oh and a bloody good player.

i thought mcinerney looked at home too, it might not have been his best game but he didn't look in the least bit overawed ... and pretty much the same for warner
those three will take huge benefit from what happened on saturday ... probly the hardest lesson they'll learn in footy, will be the making of them

Oct 18, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
Out of all our young guys he seems, to me, to be the one that screams leadership.

Most of the others are certainly confident in their abilities and willingness for the contest but Errol just looks like a talker, an organiser, a guy who seeks responsibility.

Oh and a bloody good player.
He will be a leader!! You can see it now. He tells players older than him where to be.

Errol won the PA Award by a huge margin.

The Players got it absolutely spot on. He does things few players can do. IMO he sits with Judd as the best debutant in the past few decades.

the hypnotoad

Premiership Player
Mar 7, 2021
AFL Club
Sydney
He will be a leader!! You can see it now. He tells players older than him where to be.

agree gulden is a natural on-field leader, but don't write off his mate campbell in that regard ... but that's another plus for a lot of our younger players
dawson (i know he's a few years older) looks as calm and composed as anyone in the league, hewett the same (another reason it would be very tough to see him go), mcinerney is clearly very sure of himself on the field ... blakey is sure of himself too, just not yet quite as composed
rowbottom the same, hayward (also a bit older) another one who has developed that self-confidence
and of course heeney and mills
even florent, for all the criticisms, never gets his head down despite mistakes, just keeps on looking to create and backs himself
and from what little we saw, amartey is another who seems to not lack self-assurance
unfortunately, stephens is the one (as many have posted most of this season) who seems plagued by self-doubt and, as we saw early this season with blakey, it doesn't take much to go wrong for a young player to look lost and out of his depth

Oct 18, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
agree gulden is a natural on-field leader, but don't write off his mate campbell in that regard ... but that's another plus for a lot of our younger players
dawson (i know he's a few years older) looks as calm and composed as anyone in the league, hewett the same (another reason it would be very tough to see him go), mcinerney is clearly very sure of himself on the field ... blakey is sure of himself too, just not yet quite as composed
rowbottom the same, hayward (also a bit older) another one who has developed that self-confidence
and of course heeney and mills
even florent, for all the criticisms, never gets his head down despite mistakes, just keeps on looking to create and backs himself
and from what little we saw, amartey is another who seems to not lack self-assurance
unfortunately, stephens is the one (as many have posted most of this season) who seems plagued by self-doubt and, as we saw early this season with blakey, it doesn't take much to go wrong for a young player to look lost and out of his depth
I agree with a lot of your posts and I liked the very rambling thought about thoughts of this one about our young and very promising and special players..

Back