Player Watch #21 Errol Gulden - born to play

Gulden.jpg

Errol Gulden
[Player Profile TBA]

Last edited by a moderator:
Errol, I know your grandfather will be grinning from ear to ear (like all of us watching you play) next Saturday when you run out on the MCG

18-year-old wanted to be in the team for his side's round three trip to the MCG to face Richmond.
Should he get through this Saturday's match against Adelaide unscathed and keep his place in the side, the 18-year-old will be able to play in front of his grandfather for the first time in several years.
Based in Bendigo and unable to fly, Gulden's "biggest supporter" has had to watch on from afar as the Swans Academy product's AFL career begun.

Crust

All Australian
Jun 9, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SUANFC
Seems like the players are determined to get him his first goal. In every game there have been one or two occasions when he has run past the player taking the free kick. He has missed every time.
I like the fact that the players are supporting their team mate, but I'd prefer it if they simply went back and took their kick.(eg Wicks on Saturday)

DeadlyAkkuret

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 10, 2007
Ensconced in velvet
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Lakers, West Ham
Seems like the players are determined to get him his first goal. In every game there have been one or two occasions when he has run past the player taking the free kick. He has missed every time.
I like the fact that the players are supporting their team mate, but I'd prefer it if they simply went back and took their kick.(eg Wicks on Saturday)

You’re thinking of Campbell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeadlyAkkuret

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 10, 2007
Ensconced in velvet
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Lakers, West Ham
To be fair Campbell did actually kick one and it was called back, but I agree and especially with the Wicks one on the weekend. They’re helping each other but Wicks should have gone back and slotted it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Errol and his Pa :hearteyes:
Glad Bridgewater (near Bendigo) claim Errol and his brother Adam as locals :hearteyes:
#bloods
AFL_2021_Bloods.png

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
Jun 19, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Wallabies
Big learning game for Errol last night I think. Firstly, he helped swing the momentum in the 2nd quarter with some very clever and tough pieces of play. Got himself involved perfectly. I think where he'll learn is that even though it wasn't working for him in front of goal (I believe he kicked 0.3 with a couple OOF, but could be wrong) if he just keeps his head up and continues working, he'll be of service to the team. You could see he was frustrated each time he missed a shot but he got on with it and continued showing up. Another 9 score involvements, 3 clearances, 5 I50's, and 2 goal assists is still a very nice night for an 18yo HFF.

Back