Player Watch #21 Jack Maibaum

(Log in to remove this ad.)

alex4445

Senior List
Sep 20, 2006
Wollongong
AFL Club
Sydney
Imagine the year Maibaum could of had this year, I think he is largely forgotten but was definately on track for senior footy and looked the goods. His injury could not have been more mistimed given how he was tracking.
I always liked his defensive work at NEAFL and feel that he should have gotten a debut last year when Melican was out.

Mick Oxlong

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
No not instead of Allir, Grundy missed 6 games in 2018 mostly towards the end of the year so there was a chance to get him some experience playing that Grundy role in the backline.
He was recruited with a longer term view and was never going to play prior to this year (source). Looked pretty solid in the pre-season and definitely was on track for this year, especially once Grundy went down. Hope they keep him, he’s a solid lad!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SeanM

Senior List
Oct 17, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
I am happy he was relisted. He has missed a whole year. But he is a fourth year player so he has the benefits of being physically developed and already knowing the defensive structures. He looked good in his second year and I thought he was a chance for a senior game late in that season.

I think there will be an open spot in defence for either Brand/Melican/McCartin/Maibaum.

Top Bottom